Shaws call duck incubation thread (hatch a wonderful(worthless to Ralphie) dux thread)

I have coop envy. The big rocks are a nice touch. :drool
Thanks. The ducks seem to love standing on them. The river rock just keeps sinking even though there is plastic under there :hmm
The big rocks my hubby brings home from when they dig holes for their buildings sometimes they pull them out of the ground. He throws any nice smooth ones on the truck for me :)
I'm about to the point I would like to just rock half of their run. They spend most all their time on those rocks anyway. It would be cheaper than buying shavings lol.

Thanks. The ducks seem to love standing on them. The river rock just keeps sinking even though there is plastic under there :hmm
The big rocks my hubby brings home from when they dig holes for their buildings sometimes they pull them out of the ground. He throws any nice smooth ones on the truck for me :)
I'm about to the point I would like to just rock half of their run. They spend most all their time on those rocks anyway. It would be cheaper than buying shavings lol.

I wonder if the rocks may make them more prone to bumblefoot? I still used the smooth river rock around the boat pool, and they have a lot of flattened dirt, but I also like to keep some areas of straw and/or shavings. They get a bunch of grass time, and <knock on wood> I haven’t seen any bumbles yet. But I do wonder about it.

I wonder if the rocks may make them more prone to bumblefoot? I still used the smooth river rock around the boat pool, and they have a lot of flattened dirt, but I also like to keep some areas of straw and/or shavings. They get a bunch of grass time, and <knock on wood> I haven’t seen any bumbles yet. But I do wonder about it.
Ya I wonder about that too. Plus in the winter I can't really hose it down until I have a nice day and they spend more time huddling down in the shavings. So it probably wouldn't be a great idea to expand the rock area. :hmm

Ya I wonder about that too. Plus in the winter I can't really hose it down until I have a nice day and they spend more time huddling down in the shavings. So it probably wouldn't be a great idea to expand the rock area. :hmm

But yours have a house to go into too. So it may not hurt to have most of the outside area rocked.

I imagine they will stand on what is comfortable. that crushed rock they use for driveways seems to me like just walking around on shards....

walking around on wire in my eye would contribute to bumble foot. More chance for scrapage and small wounds... That and landing on sharp surfaces.... As in chickens coming off a perch...

deb "who hit bottom today" the usual

I imagine they will stand on what is comfortable. that crushed rock they use for driveways seems to me like just walking around on shards....

walking around on wire in my eye would contribute to bumble foot. More chance for scrapage and small wounds... That and landing on sharp surfaces.... As in chickens coming off a perch...

deb "who hit bottom today" the usual
:hugs

Back
Top Bottom