She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

After that long day, I need a drink! [​IMG]

:gig you crack me up

2. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    I had a long day today too. Work has been... well, I'll be nice and say "horrible" lately. Found out yesterday that my ex-neighbor, a man who treats me like a daughter, is back in hospice care. I saw him a couple of weeks ago, and they sent him back to rehab for a week, but now back to hospice. Its not looking good. So after work, I drove the 90 minutes to spend some time with him. He was so happy to see me... I leaned over and hugged him and went to stand back up and he said "I'm not done yet"... So his spirits are still good. Health is not.
    So for any of you so inclined, please say an extra pray for my friend Jack. He's such a good soul....

3. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Done. [​IMG] So sorry to hear that.

4. BlackwoodHollow

BlackwoodHollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2014
    Northeastish Ga
    [​IMG]I'm so sorry to hear that, too. Wish we could do more. Glad you got to go see him, though. [​IMG]

5. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Thank you both. Allowing me a place to share is great for me, and I appreciate it alot.
    Now some rest, and do it all over again tomorrow....

6. don't worry about me I'm a tough old bird and it should ease up work wise in a couple of months and we can use the money. I've stopped taking big jobs and only have two customers cut back from twenty little by little over the last five years. but one of the two looks to me for everything under the sun. and they pay good plus I get a lot of free materials. our farm has been paid for since 1996 the land we bought behind this land has been paid for since 2000 we no longer buy new cars so no car notes I think the last truck note was 2006 we've been saving money to fix our house up and are not going borrow money for that and I do all the work my self. and I steel ideas from everyone I'm thinking about your coop is the PVC for water or feed I'm guessing water .I like Walnuts feeder but I'm thinking about making it out of metal I like SCs runs and coops . He's put a lot of work in them. after this 36 more tomorrow is K day

7. BlackwoodHollow

BlackwoodHollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2014
    Northeastish Ga
    Jeepers. If I Had one, I'd toss it back in your honor. My husband is in construction(the original owner of this account), so I feel for you. It's tough work(especially when dealing with builders and homeowners lol).
    Good on ya for holding it down.

8. sorry to hear that I'm glad you went to see him good souls seem to find each other I hope things turn around for Jack and you. You are blessed to have such a friend .

1 person likes this.
  9. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    WV: :hugs praying for you and Jack!

1 person likes this.
  10. Did you put a fan in that incubator I can't remember you can a just the temp a little I don't think you have killed any yet with no fan the bator will be hotter at the top is one of the thermometers at the top of the eggs don't stress yet don't let the temp get any higher.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by