She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Right. Mine have been side by side for weeks. When I let them out, the younger ones run faster and the older ones give up faster. But if I combine the runs, they wouldn't have an escape. No size difference now, and no where to run! Lol

2. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Right. Mine are still smaller (about the size of my Black Jap Bantams) so I can make a smaller opening in something where they could get safe. I just don't know what the something should be....lol

3. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop
    I checked the air cell and it seems small for day 12. Not much water loss since day 7 and humidity has been in the teens for close to a week. I added a sponge and now it's up to 30%.

Now why you beez getting awwwl ghetto up in hur?..... my best impression I guess!!!!!:lau :gig

4. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Oh those were the other ones I meant to comment on how pretty they were when you posted pics! The black japs.
    I think it was Ruby that posted a pic of a piece of wood with a small hole in it, mounted to the fence between the sets. The little ones can get thru it but the big ones can't. And it has a flap that can be totally closed. I loved the idea, but it wont work with mine now. You could maybe even make it with cardboard! Until it rains... Lol. But could be easily replaced. If you have a place for it.

5. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

You sure your hygrometer is accurate?

6. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Yes! I saw that! I love that idea and would like to implement it in both my runs next spring.

xs 2. It's hard to believe the air cells would still be small running that low. Of course if the eggs themselves were thick shelled and less porous that would make a big difference too.

7. well it's like this I have a drinking problem I don' drink enough . CDLs make it hard normal day up around five feed and water chickens take care of my son wake up daughter to watch him hour and a half drive not including ice water and fuel stop cuss almost every driver I pass or can't waste one hour going over the same thing every day with the builder another hour talking to the home owner .another hour trying to get rid of both of them good thing I'm getting paid then I go to work get a lot done might as well stay in town until after six thirty our It's a two hour drive home with a stop on the way most days. get home water all the chickens every other day take son to town for junk food and he likes the trip. let me see o yeah when it rains like today I have to listen how builder is going to fire the roofer for not fixing the framer's mistake. which I told him how to fix and said I would that was a two hour talk couldn't work two wet .but still charge for time nonstop phone calls side trip to pick up skid loader tires home early today got back at three thirty check emails feedback on tires through ebay post one post clean the incubator to set eggs later tonight gather the eggs and feed two stud horses talk about a total loss and waste of money but I raised them so I take care of them. clean the pool basket twice a day treat it every other day now I 'll go for junk food to tired to cook and when I get back find out why the check engine light is on in the mini van . when I was a kid they didn't take you to jail if you were drinking and driving the took you home which was worse. and at my age a couple of drinks and I'm asleep. believe me when I say I've had my share and then some and have plenty in the closet so enjoy have one for me I don't judge

8. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Those are really the only ones that you should count, right? All the rest are meant for the crock pot or to be some one else's lawn ornaments.

Can you make a run within the run, with small doors through the fencing. I like the plastic 1" chicken wire for that purpose. It's pretty cheap.

9. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop
    I'm not sure. It's the incutherm thermometer/hydrometer combo. Not sure to to check it without getting it wet and not sure if that will screw it up. :)

I will pray for you. You sound like you need it. I am sorry things are difficult for you. And yes you sound like you need 2 to 3 drinks tonight!!! ;)

10. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop
    I am going to Google it!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by