She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Tonight is day 6 on my peafowl eggs. I could see the little embryos moving in each of them! It never ceases to put a smile on my face when I see the miracle of life taking place before my eyes! I hope everyone enjoys their babies tonight. Each one is a blessing. Goodnight.

Thought I'd share a photo of my incubator...

;-)

Congrats on the hatch!! On what day will you shut down? And when are you incubating again? Lol
I checked the final 5 eggs this evening and think I saw some tiny movements and one appears to have internally pipped, so I'm leaving them tonight, and probably until I get home from work tomorrow. I just started day 23 at 8:30 this evening, so I'm giving it another day. I don't plan to incubate again for quite a while. Unless we decide we need more banties (like if these end up all roosters!) I can keep roos, but don't want too many for the number of girls... so you know how chicken math goes! And I will need to get that Brinsea before I do it again. (My Brinsea automatic door opener arrived today! Amazingly compact! I hope it works well)
Yay! I'm going to pull mine out. I want to do eggtopsies tonight, but my hubby doesn't want too.
Awww, I'm sorry....

I eggtopsies my last three. Look shrink wrapped to me, and one looked shrink wrapped but had a lot of fluid inside its sac. Poor babies
1f614.png

If my humidity was too low during incubation, I would think a lot more would be shrink wrapped. Maybe they just quit? I don't know, they never internally pipped either.
Dangit. I didn't see any sign of shrinkwrapping when I candled mine, and my humidity was low! But my temps were low too. Its all a learning process for the next time.

More food pics for your enjoyment. I am prepping for the extended family to come for Father's Day, so I am making a variety of sausages to grill up.

Done - Venison Cheddar Jalapeno smoked sausage
Done - Chicken with sun dried tomato and basil
In progress - smoked kielbasa. Rounds are made and preparing for smoking tomorrow morning.
To do - Bratwurst, and maybe some Italian Sausage. Depends on how much pork I feel like chopping up.

Plus a trip to the meat market downtown yielded the usual result...a whole bunch of things I didn't plan to get, but looked too good to pass up.

Looks yummy, sounds yummy. Hubby would love it! He's a father, so we'll see ya Father's Day! LOL

FWIW, help here is done for me, so I'm out. Y'all are awesome, have fun
Alrighty! ???
hu.gif

Hey SC... congrats!
lau.gif

Shows which members contributed the most posts during the time period.
  1. #1.
    30x30px-ZC-5ebf4a23_10405498_945393305505181_3457974352938851482_n.jpeg

TamingMaster
    (114 posts)
  2. #2.
    30x30px-ZC-10702aef_image.jpeg

nj2wv
    (88 posts)
  3. #3.
    30x30px-ZC-c0df4a56_funnychicken.jpeg

scflock
    (81 posts)

I 'm never going to catch up way to tired I have to say I thought SC talked more than that. the heat must have got him. your hatch went a little south cute chicks. I'm not sure they will turn me Polish. when you get that incubator empty pull the control panel and see if you have a wire lose in the circuit board looked for carks in the solder around the wires. right now I'm at least 20 pages behind so way out of the loop. but its ok I've always been a legend in my own mind or maybe the heat got me to.
yippiechickie.gif
congrats on the babies

I 'm never going to catch up way to tired I have to say I thought SC talked more than that. the heat must have got him. your hatch went a little south cute chicks. I'm not sure they will turn me Polish. when you get that incubator empty pull the control panel and see if you have a wire lose in the circuit board looked for carks in the solder around the wires. right now I'm at least 20 pages behind so way out of the loop. but its ok I've always been a legend in my own mind or maybe the heat got me to.
yippiechickie.gif
congrats on the babies

Thanks a bunch. You need to catch up, or just jump back in. We miss you!!

More food pics for your enjoyment. I am prepping for the extended family to come for Father's Day, so I am making a variety of sausages to grill up. Done - Venison Cheddar Jalapeno smoked sausage Done - Chicken with sun dried tomato and basil In progress - smoked kielbasa. Rounds are made and preparing for smoking tomorrow morning. To do - Bratwurst, and maybe some Italian Sausage. Depends on how much pork I feel like chopping up. Plus a trip to the meat market downtown yielded the usual result...a whole bunch of things I didn't plan to get, but looked too good to pass up.
I'll take some of the venison kind, actually I'll take a little of everything
1f609.png
Looks good!
I checked the final 5 eggs this evening and think I saw some tiny movements and one appears to have internally pipped, so I'm leaving them tonight, and probably until I get home from work tomorrow. I just started day 23 at 8:30 this evening, so I'm giving it another day. I don't plan to incubate again for quite a while. Unless we decide we need more banties (like if these end up all roosters!) I can keep roos, but don't want too many for the number of girls... so you know how chicken math goes! And I will need to get that Brinsea before I do it again. (My Brinsea automatic door opener arrived today! Amazingly compact! I hope it works well) Awww, I'm sorry.... Dangit. I didn't see any sign of shrinkwrapping when I candled mine, and my humidity was low! But my temps were low too. Its all a learning process for the next time. Looks yummy, sounds yummy. Hubby would love it! He's a father, so we'll see ya Father's Day! LOL Alrighty! ??? :confused:
Yeah, it's ok I'm still happy about the hatch rate. I've learned that I need another incubator
1f602.png
But seriously, I do want a Brinsea. But I do feel like the old styrofoam taught me so much too, things I don't think I wouldn't of learned if I hadn't tried it out a few times in this incubator first.

I have seen this when temps were too high for too long, but not to a quite fatal level, and the yolk "cooked". The chick/poult cannot absorb this.

That was my 108F day where I named the LG Easy Bake.
Ewwwww - but you're right, looks like cooked yolk.

I checked the final 5 eggs this evening and think I saw some tiny movements and one appears to have internally pipped, so I'm leaving them tonight, and probably until I get home from work tomorrow. I just started day 23 at 8:30 this evening, so I'm giving it another day. I don't plan to incubate again for quite a while. Unless we decide we need more banties (like if these end up all roosters!) I can keep roos, but don't want too many for the number of girls... so you know how chicken math goes! And I will need to get that Brinsea before I do it again. (My Brinsea automatic door opener arrived today! Amazingly compact! I hope it works well)

If you get a chance, post pics as you install and let me know how you like it. I was about to order the pullet-shut door and saw the Brinsea. Trying to do research, but on their website it doesn't really show much about installation options or pictures of it in use. Why did you pick it over others?

yippiechickie.gif
congrats on the babies

Always great to "see" you here!

Thanks a bunch. You need to catch up, or just jump back in. We miss you!!
X2!!

Last edited:
Whew! Woke to incubator at 108 according to main thermometer, other two both read lower, all the eggs are still alive though but that was scary

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom