She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

You might want to consider its partner, the humidity controller.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DHC-100-110...ge-10-99-RH-/131299344943?hash=item1e920d022f

Same size, similar appearance, and works just as awesomely.  I'm using my homemade incubator right now for a dehydrator, perfect temps for herbs and such.

I will probably rebuild my homebuilt into a much smaller dedicated hatcher for next season.

I saw one if those and wondered. I love this one so far.

Woke up to this little fella this morning:

It's early day 20, the earliest hatch I have ever had. It's from a lighter pullet egg, which is expected, but two of the massive Davis eggs are pipped, so who knows? This batch is baffling me
:fl

Good luck this round SC!

Put an ad on a site that is popular around here for some pullets...supposed to show up at 8..let's see if he does.  Sometimes people flake when they say they are coming after having called from this ad site.   I don't worry so much when it's from another site in this area.   Will see any min. now. 

I sold three EE pullers this morning on the same site. So glad they showed up. Sold 7 fertile Wyandotte eggs too. $$

I just had a play date from *ell at my house!! It was this sweet little girl that got dropped off to play with my boys, who turned into a little witch!! Lots of screaming, which was annoying but I let go. Then she started destroying the place. She took expensive toys (like my sons new model air plan & electronic game controllers) and brought them outside and started throwing them on the ground! I sat down and asked her if she acts like this at her own house with her own things and she says "yeah". Time to go, I told her. She will never come here again. I would be mortified if I ever heard of my children acting like that at someone's house. I don't even drink, and I want too, after this afternoon!

Yay!!!! Now just leave them be. I would not touch them...that's coming from me...

X2! Let them get in position and do what they have to do. They have a lot of work ahead of them!

Genesis bators are forced air (have a fan) so you want the temp at 99.5... I have 2 of those, best styro bator out there, I believe... but still get an extra thermometer or 2 and hygrometers... I never trust digital anymore in bators, humidity seems to cause them issues after a while...
I agree with digital in the high humidity. But, I still use them b/c they are easier to read... just double and triple check with a bulb thermometer before touching that dial.

Sorry guys....it's almost 11 weeks old. That too is what I suspected....I really hate that for him....I might just keep him lol!!! Screw my neighbors!
lau.gif

Just buy em off w eggs!
I don't think that cute lil roo will lay any eggs.
hide.gif

I just had a play date from *ell at my house!! It was this sweet little girl that got dropped off to play with my boys, who turned into a little witch!! Lots of screaming, which was annoying but I let go. Then she started destroying the place. She took expensive toys (like my sons new model air plan & electronic game controllers) and brought them outside and started throwing them on the ground! I sat down and asked her if she acts like this at her own house with her own things and she says "yeah". Time to go, I told her. She will never come here again. I would be mortified if I ever heard of my children acting like that at someone's house. I don't even drink, and I want too, after this afternoon!
X2! Let them get in position and do what they have to do. They have a lot of work ahead of them!
I do hope you were able to send her away... and not have to wait a gazillion hours for her to get picked up.

Alabama passed a gun law that lets anyone carry a gun anywhere they go. But the businesses have had to put up signs stating they don't allow weapons.
You have to get a permit to carry a consealed weapon. lol

Had dinner with my son the other evening and he mentioned a boy that used to live beside us. That kid annoyed the crap outta me at the time. There are some kids that are just that way. I'll have a drink for you. ;)

Alabama passed a gun law that lets anyone carry a gun anywhere they go. But the businesses have had to put up signs stating they don't allow weapons. 
You have to get a permit to carry a consealed weapon. lol

Open carry is legal here too, except for certain government buildings, city buildings and other such banned places. Schools, etc. Concealed here also requires a permit. I was planning to get my concealed permit this weekend but they cancelled my class.

Interesting how concealed weapons came up right after unruly children. I have had days like that too. Lol

I have had some of the worst troublemakers come here and never gave me grief (own children excepted). When you first meet the kid they don't know you. Never let them discover that you do not have the power to squish them like a bug. I also inform parents that I reserve the right to beat their child into submission if I feel like it. If they don't agree then they can take the kid someplace else.

Be firm with the rules as soon as they step in the door. Don't miss anything or they will assume it is allowed. Some examples might include: no police or other officials, no fires, no weapons, no parties(they're sneaky), don't break anything (such as toys or bones), don't tease smaller siblings until they turn blue and
don't even look at the pets and certainly don't touch them or feed them or give them anything or drop rocks on their head (true story). I'd lock up the chickens and post a guard.

These are just some examples. I am sure you will want to customize the list for your own situations.

Good luck. If other people's children are involved you'll need it.

I saw one if those and wondered. I love this one so far.
Good luck this round SC!
I sold three EE pullers this morning on the same site. So glad they showed up. Sold 7 fertile Wyandotte eggs too. $$

I sold them! To the second person that asked. He comes and says, I bought a sizzle rooster from you. I love him! Yaay..he just lives up the canyon from us. It was from the KSL add.
Glad you got yours sold too!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom