She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Sorry for all with medical issues in family Inself or animal. It's difficult. I know from personal experience.i just had a reaction myself in the baby duck coop. From those nasty ants. Treating everyone in my family. They don't leave very well. I very allergic to any stings.

What is pdz. And where do I get it. How big and how heavy is it. Can my mom go pick it up. My car is in the shop.

Pdz is an absorbent they use for horse stables. It really helps with absorbing moisture to keep you coops dry. It comes in a crumb or a powder. And it helps with the smell

Sorry for all with medical issues in family Inself or animal. It's difficult. I know from personal experience.i just had a reaction myself in the baby duck coop. From those nasty ants. Treating everyone in my family. They don't leave very well. I very allergic to any stings.

Are you saying your using the de to get rid of ants? And are you saying you allergic to them. Or the de? Good lord confused again??

5 in brooder. 6 more pipped.

So long story short. My kids found a duck nest at our camp. Mother was scared away. Eggs cold , mom didn't come back , they were goners. Kids were freaking out babies were going to die. They did. Ordered 6 duck eggs. Got 8. Popped them in incubator. Two duds. One gone blood ring. So 5 left. 3 of the eggs twins. At day 16. Still going. One egg very small almost round air sac in middle. The other 2 normal size. Any tips. And yes they are twins. Have had quite a few people verify it.

So long story short. My kids found a duck nest at our camp. Mother was scared away. Eggs cold , mom didn't come back , they were goners. Kids were freaking out babies were going to die. They did. Ordered 6 duck eggs. Got 8. Popped them in incubator. Two duds. One gone blood ring. So 5 left. 3 of the eggs twins. At day 16. Still going. One egg very small almost round air sac in middle. The other 2 normal size. Any tips. And yes they are twins. Have had quite a few people verify it.

What temperature and humidity are you using? Are you using a still air or forced air incubator? The twins will likely need to be assisted when they hatch. The one with the air cell in the middle you will definitely want to set with that side up at lockdown and hope the duckling is able to pip into it. If not it may pip right through the membrane and shell elsewhere all at once instead of an internal pip followed by an external pip but as long as it doesn't hit a major vein there is a chance it will be fine.

I don't know about twin duck eggs but I know twin chicken eggs rarely make it and the chicks can often be deformed. Again, don't know if duck twins are more common or more successful but if not, then I would not have the kids get their hopes up. That seller should be informed she's got some hens laying double yolkers, so she can check before selling them. Good luck with the other 2!! :fl

Back
Top Bottom