Shiela update-- had surgery on sour crop today

coopMOM

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 6, 2008
Chickens in the OC!
Shiela had surgery today on her sour crop. All of the avian vets said they hadn't or wouldn't perform the operation, so luckily I live with someone who was a surgeon for 50 years! My grandfather and I performed it and she is improving drastically now. I am giving pedialite and an antibiotic which I would tend not to, but I let grandpa take over. I am planning to integrate the acv and yogurt tomorrow. Pedialite seems to be working wonders though. Any ideas, or suggestions?
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE AND ESPECIALLY jeaucamom FOR HER OPERATION INSTRUCTIONS ON THE SITE.

I hope she will make it. It was the only hope.
hmm.png

fl.gif
Wow! That's incredible!! You are one luck chick to have a surgeon in the family!! How much did he charge you?
lol.png
Hoping that Sheila makes a quick and complete recovery. You ROCK, coopMOM!!!

I would do what you are doing...you may want to give her some scrambled egg in a day or so. You could order Avian Charge 2000. dlhunicorn told me it has all the butrients they need in it and you can get it from McMurray and Stromberg's.

Grandfather's are excellent and being a surgeon makes him more excellent. Hug him and tell him thanks for a job well done.

Back
Top Bottom