Shipped Egg Disaster????

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are just so so so dirty..I have gotten a few that have little poo specks on them..but I just wipe those off with a paper towel...but those things are gross...they are only moderately dirty my butt...
Those are the dirtiest eggs I have ever seen.

Refund is good, yes... but seems to me her trying to sell you on the idea that not only is this OK for hatching eggs but normal practice is insulting!

As a hatching egg seller for years, I wouldn't dare ship anything even half that dirty... and her saying they are "moderate"!?!?! What is extremely dirty then!?!

a black egg shaped mass would be really dirty to this person I guess...one that looks like egg shaped coal... I don't know. Those are really dirty though, in case I haven't said it before...i would be so mad. And then super disappointed...Not because they might not hatch, but because like jeez, why would you ever let anyone see that your chickens get eggs so dirty?.... Ewww.

It's like instead of nest boxes packed with straw they use mudpuddles full of poo.

Last edited:
a black egg shaped mass would be really dirty to this person I guess...one that looks like egg shaped coal... I don't know. Those are really dirty though, in case I haven't said it before...i would be so mad. And then super disappointed...Not because they might not hatch, but because like jeez, why would you ever let anyone see that your chickens get eggs so dirty?.... Ewww.

It's like instead of nest boxes packed with straw they use mudpuddles full of poo.

LOL... you made me chuckle. They do look like free ranged eggs that were laid in mud and left in mud. Then a order for hatching eggs came in and they collected them up.

And you can see that those cracks are from where a hen laid them on something hard... so why were they packed at all?!?!

Those cracks are what really got me, she knew without a doubt that you were paying her for hatching eggs and she was sending you a non-viable product by sending broken eggs. There is no excuse for that, even if you overlook the very dirty eggs, she can't say "oh those usually hatch fine for me" that is ridiculous! I hate when I find eggs with those cracks, we have one box that the girls push the shavings out and they will break just like that. I toss them in the compost bin before they ever make it in the house. I can't believe they sent you those!

I would never ever hatch those or eat them. I don't ship eggs that are dirty either. The only time eggs look that bad is if the eggs are left to sit in full, dirty nestboxes for days. Glad you got a refund.

I would never ever hatch those or eat them. I don't ship eggs that are dirty either. The only time eggs look that bad is if the eggs are left to sit in full, dirty nestboxes for days. Glad you got a refund.

Thank you. I have yet to receive the refund and as we all know Paypal is instant. I am going to give it until this afternoon before I contact her again. The more I think about it the madder I want to get but getting angry will not help. I guess I am not confident she will follow through with her word.

I guess it looks unanimous... those eggs are beyond "dirty" and into "filthy". I still can't get over the nerve of her trying to tell you that it is acceptable, normal practice. Either she deals with nasty people or she is a outright liar.

Just thought I would update. I have a refund pending til Wed.
wee.gif
now I can take the money and use it on something else. I think I am lucky in getting a refund. I am grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom