Shipping prices....

Sc_chickengirl

Beware!?!? Horse Crazy Human on the Loose!
Jan 20, 2022
South Carolina
Hi y'all. So right now I've been looking for some hens to add to my flock but I can't find any. But I found this person that has a lot of breeds and good quality hens. But I want to make sure its not a scam.....Last time I got chickens shipped to me I paid $100 just for shipping. What is the usual shipping fee for chickens? This person said that if I got 3 hens they would be $30 each and with shipping and everything it would be $110. That means shipping would only be $20. Do you think its a scam? Thanks for any input!

It seems risky to ship hens. And there are a lot of scams saying they'll ship hens. Is this on Facebook or something?If so, probably not a good idea to give them your money. Can you find local folks who are rehoming etc?

I'm buying ducklings from a breeder in a couple of months and what she does for shipping is charge the cost of shipping plus $10.
I imagine it would be more expensive for full grown birds, though.

It seems risky to ship hens. And there are a lot of scams saying they'll ship hens. Is this on Facebook or something?If so, probably not a good idea to give them your money. Can you find local folks who are rehoming etc?
Yeah it can be if there not a well known breeder. Yes, their are a lot of chicken breeders on there (me included) Yes I'm trying but I think with egg prices and such everyone is trying to find more hens.

I'm buying ducklings from a breeder in a couple of months and what she does for shipping is charge the cost of shipping plus $10.
I imagine it would be more expensive for full grown birds, though.
Wow! Idk I'm starting to wander if the breeder I got from last time didn't charge me to much for shipping....but I did get some beautiful birds out of it.

Yeah it can be if there not a well known breeder. Yes, their are a lot of chicken breeders on there (me included) Yes I'm trying but I think with egg prices and such everyone is trying to find more hens.
So to be clear, shipping will cost me $50 for 10 ducklings. That's expediated shipping.

Back
Top Bottom