Should I be expecting eggs? ***I GOT ONE!!***

Found this picture that CelticOaksFarm posted on another thread. Just for reference incase you need it. Good Luck!
big_smile.png

One of the geese stepped on one of the first eggs and broke it. Today, I took the 2nd egg out of the nest, it was a little smaller than the others, and cracked it. I didn't see the bullseye so I don't think it was fertile. I have seen one of the ganders mating with the goose so I figure I'll check another. She has 5 eggs in the nest now. She is laying every other day.

Well, when I went out to feed this morning, I looked over and the nest was empty. Drat! I thought the chooks had done some egg eating. Then, I brushed the hay aside and there were FOUR goose eggs and probably 6 duck hegs under the hay. I left two duck eggs there. These eggs weigh about 230 g each.

Do goose eggs taste like duck eggs? ( I use duck eggs for baking ) This is a mature goose, not a first timer. What do you use your goose eggs for as to cooking? Huge omelet?

I raised ostrich years ago, but the eggs weren't very good. I expect goose eggs must be better.

Well, when I went out to feed this morning, I looked over and the nest was empty. Drat! I thought the chooks had done some egg eating. Then, I brushed the hay aside and there were FOUR goose eggs and probably 6 duck hegs under the hay. I left two duck eggs there. These eggs weigh about 230 g each.

Do goose eggs taste like duck eggs? ( I use duck eggs for baking ) This is a mature goose, not a first timer. What do you use your goose eggs for as to cooking? Huge omelet?

I raised ostrich years ago, but the eggs weren't very good. I expect goose eggs must be better.
I understand goose eggs are yummy but I can't say for sure I'm still waiting on my goose to lay her first egg.

Hubby likes them any way he gets them.... I perfer to use them for baking. It's great to mix a cake and only need one egg
big_smile.png
Egg custard is a favorite of mine!

Back
Top Bottom