Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Tomorrow is freezer camp..... I have 6 and the other lady has 8. It is going to be COLD!!! We are going to do the deed and pluck them outside, then take them inside to do the rest. I will check in tomorrow night and see how everyone's day goes!
hugs.gif

good luck lindz! it ain't easy... but the meat is so good! it's supposed to hit 20* tomorrow up here, but the windchill will knock it back to 9 or 10... at least it will be above zero for a change, although it's supposed to snow like 4-6"... hope you have clear weather and swift clean kills.

Let's us know how it goes Lindz!!! I'll be in your state next weekend. Going to NC to pick out our puppy. Can't wait!!!!

It is great to see egg numbers on the rise! The real first sign of spring. I know our cold is nothing compared to everyone in the northern parts of the country, but I moved to Florida to be warm! Just like the pictures you see on FB with the Floridians in their overcoats and scarves, and the northerners in their shorts and t-shirts! It is only getting into the 50's here in Southern Florida. Yuck. I know, no sympathy.

So someone asked to see my egg baskets. I am sure the pictures will not do them justice, but I love the look of Cheeka's egg baskets and I had to have them too!

Well cheeka..... I broke down and did it! I squirted about half a cc of blue food coloring into Bonnie's vent.....
hide.gif
I am tired of wondering if she is laying or not....

My name is Lindsey and I have a chicken problem....

You all may laugh now!
lau.gif
But I really can't wait to hear if it works!

You Can Call Me A Lair
Paint My Vent Blue
But You Can Bet Your Last Dozen
My Story Is True
In One End Goes Pie, Then Just Behind My Legs
Fill Up Your Carton With "Rogers Fresh Eggs"
gig.gif
My stomach hurts...

Let's us know how it goes Lindz!!! I'll be in your state next weekend. Going to NC to pick out our puppy. Can't wait!!!!
Oh how exciting! What breed are you getting???

Sully, those are some nice looking eggs. I really like the olive color.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom