Should I COOK her? Need your thoughts.......

Thanks again friends! It will be a little sad to see her go after all the excitement of hoping she would lay...what an adventure during this thread...Thanks to all of you who have been following the story! Now, the new quest is to find her a wonderful new home that will take good care of her!

I put a thread under the section for Buy-Sell-Trade to see what happens. I will keep you guys posted on what happens!

Hi Zoo, FYI the red thing on her head is a comb. Her crop is inside her chest, the first place the food hits when she swallows it.

There's a lot of terminology to know, isn't there!

Quote:
Yes, sorrry I know that! I have way too much on my mind right now after my Mother's death and I haven't been proof reading my posts...but thank you for keeping me on my toes
smile.png

Quote:
Yes, sorrry I know that! I have way too much on my mind right now after my Mother's death and I haven't been proof reading my posts...but thank you for keeping me on my toes
smile.png

So sorry to hear about your mother. My heart goes out to you. I can't even imagine! HUGS!!

Quote:
Many times, if a bird reaches the point of lay in the winter (as may be the case here), they will often not lay until spring, where if it were any other season she would be laying. My production is near zero this time of year. She may just be waiting until it warms up. I'd give her a little more time, but that's just me...

Quote:
smile.png

So sorry to hear about your mother. My heart goes out to you. I can't even imagine! HUGS!!

Thank you
smile.png
It's been almost 2 months now but I seem to be getting worse instead of better. Thanks again for keeping me straight on my terminolgy!

Quote:
Many times, if a bird reaches the point of lay in the winter (as may be the case here), they will often not lay until spring, where if it were any other season she would be laying. My production is near zero this time of year. She may just be waiting until it warms up. I'd give her a little more time, but that's just me...

Looks like she is in Florida. The weather should be great down there. I am in AZ and my hens are laying like crazy. It is perfect weather for them in our southern states.
I am still worried that she could be an internal layer since she goes through the motions.
It sounds like, since so much time has passed, and she has been doing this for so long, that she may just be missing the eggs, but still has the hormones. She is feeling the instinct to lay, but there is nothing to lay. Some rare disorder or something.

I am sure that you, chickenlickin8, are ready for this discussion to end and just give her another home and go on with your life (So sorry to hear about your mother, btw. Incredibly tough times for you).
Us curious folks are just wondering what could be the problem!! It is a mystery! If you every figure it out, please let us know.

ZooMummzy, so sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad in October. Others, including my mom, many years ago.

For me, it was worse for some time before it started getting better. The best thing you can do is go ahead and feel your feelings. Give yourself time to grieve. Eventually, it starts to get easier, little by little.

Hugs to you.

Back
Top Bottom