Should I get her?

Please do NOT get the cat. Neither you or SO is really ready for all the baggage that comes with a cat, especially an older one who will most likely have some health issues soon.

If you are worried about the cost of a long distance call, you don't need any more expenses whatsoever.

Besides, don't you have to get the AC fixed first?

Well the thing is I dont pay the bill for the cell phone. Its a company phone no one was using and the minutes were going to waste so I got it. I dont want my SOs mom or dad calling and yelling
The A/C we have the money for.. Its just getting my SO to call the guy.
Sure I could.. But I dont have the money on hand. Its hidden away 35 miles away
lol.png

Quote:
It is not to scare you from getting it but to maybe mention some things that might be an issue with the cat that you did not think of. They might be an issue with this cat but beware is all and it maybe in the future.

Well I told her we were looking for a younger cat and she asked me to ask around. She said she was leaving by the end of next week and would have to take her to the pound.
Me being a sucker and not wanting to put an older cat in the pound I told her I would foster her if she didnt find a home for her. That way Im not promising a home for her and I can have a trial run.

Is that a bad idea?

Before you pass this cat up - here is my story

In 1999, I went to the shelter and adopted two death row cats - 9 years old each, brother and sister
Ebeneezer was a male orange tabby, Bella was a female grey tabby BIG as a house, over 25 pounds (now, who in their right mind would adopt her?)
Shots, spayed, the whole deal, buy one get one free

Ebeneezer died in 2006 at the age of 16 of a heart attack, came home and he was lying in the basement
Bella died in 2009 when I had to put her to sleep because she had a cancerous tumer in her eye and it ruptured. SHe never lost weight and the vet said "As long as she's happy, leave her alone
"
So I did

They never went outside from the day I brought them home. Never had a vet bill outside of regular shots

Quote:
I think it's a great idea to foster before you adopt. Just be aware that it may be impossible to find her a home if it doesn't work out.

I think it's a great idea and bless you for doing it.
I have a cat who's 10 and 2 who are 11. Destiny's (10)getting cranky in her age, but Silk (11) is still my baby and leaps into my arms. Onyx (11), the oldest of the three is still his same old happy self. Sweet and lazy, lol.

I would not let that lady bring a cat to the pound where almost certain death awaits.
sad.png
At least here thats how it is. Maybe you could take that cat, if you don't like ask around for someone else to take her. But good lord NOT THE POUND! Sounds like a perfect cat though
smile.png

ETA oops sorry didn't read the lastest post...
roll.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
You fell for that old line? Sarah, we have to talk.
wink.png

Seriously, a lot of individuals and agencies use that story, and it is specifically aimed at soft-hearted people. Sometimes it's true, but these days it's usually someone who is fostering. The wonderful people who rescue animals ARE desperate these days, because so many are having to forfeit their pets right now and the shelters are hard up for money.

Please pardon my bluntness, but you have a topic almost every week that something has gone wrong or you are frightened by something. I think you could try thinking beyond today and be amazed by the expenses coming up in your future.
You have children.
You have an SO, not a DH. Something happens to him, you are on your own.
You already have a full house, why do you need any more pets? Come borrow mine, anytime!

In the original post you said you like cats, you really do. But not cats who will tear up your stuff. AND you say SO is not real big on cats either.

My heartfelt advice? NO, and stop browsing CL.

Soo because Im scared of things that go bump in the night I cant have a cat? Or because my rabbit scratched me I shouldnt have one?
Because I dont want a cat to claw my furniture I shouldnt have one?
Just because my SO relates cats to a certain someone he doesnt like doesnt mean that he wont grow to love it..
He wasnt big on goats either but loves them now. He wasnt big on getting a GSD but now says he wouldnt own another breed
I choose to have an SO (which I have been with for 7 years) because we are waiting to get married on our 10 year mark. If we were married and he died its not like Id get anything from him anyways..
He works for a family business that doesnt have any kind of that stuff where I get paid X amount every week.
Its not like we are going to break up anytime soon..

Like I said..
Im going to foster the cat if she doesnt have a home for it by the end of next week to see how it works out. I know if it comes down to it I can find it a home..
That is no biggy.
I do believe she is moving because the number she gave me was a Tn number...
Why would she have a out of state number??

I mean I cant really say anything...
The topic was....
Should I get her?
tongue.png

That is just your opinion
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom