Show me inside and outside of your homemade coops

Pics
It's attractive...those big paned windows are cool looking.
Might want to put removable barrier just inside them to keep the bedding from falling out.

Looks like the entire top is open for ventilation?
yup, barriers. doing that tomorrow! painted the barriers today. yes, the entire top is ventilation. haha, i was thinking of you when we did the ventilation! we used your math calculations then added more. thanks. the windows are recycled!

Here is my design for my home built chicken coop:
inside-of-homemade-chicken-coop-with-chicken-feeder-inside-coop-or-outside-10595.JPG

chicken_coop_high_quality.jpg
I love this! Researching to build my first coop :). This is pretty much what I had in mind. Do you have any plans which you would be willing to share? Beautiful job!

I love this! Researching to build my first coop :). This is pretty much what I had in mind. Do you have any plans which you would be willing to share? Beautiful job!
He didn't build what you see. This was a hot topic earlier in the thread. The outside certainly does not match the inside. The outside is a picture pulled off the internet of a prefabricated coop.

It is a work in progress at the moment. I'm upgrading from a 8x4x4 coop I built, and converting my shed to do so. Chickens will be in the back section in the inside photo and quail cages will be built in to the right side. The outside pic was taken during the clean out of the shed before construction started.View attachment 1635743 View attachment 1635744
your quail will die of diseases if housed with chickens..

your quail will die of diseases if housed with chickens..
Or they wont. We will see. I have done my research and I understand the risks. Ultimately there's only a few diseases to really look for that chickens carry and will impact quail disastrously. Of these diseases, airborne transmision is not common. They tend to be transmitted through fecal matter or mites/fleas. Their are several diseases that the birds could pass back and forth, which is just as risky as keeping only quail or only chickens. I will watch for the few I need to, and put measures in place to prevent them. I am confident I am not placing either chickens or quails in a harmful environment.
Beyond that if you nothing nice to say, nothing at all would be appreciated.

Last edited:
sorry that i am such a geek...moving day! yay for the new coop!
still waiting to hang the nestbox curtains and the window curtains. you can see the hinged barrier. cant believe i actually got a nice picture of these two. (and just to be honest...the photo is taken at night, the light you see is actually a work light. When we finish the run, i'll post again.
DSCN0829.JPG

Back
Top Bottom