Show me pictures of your mixed breeds

IMG_20231125_081701130~2.jpg
this is my current rooster . Half wyandottes half game.

IMG_20231125_081326234.jpg
these two stags are at the top of the list for the next breeders. Several years ago I had a hen with heavy easter eggers influence disappear only to come out of the woods 3 weeks later with a bunch of chicks. She never re-integrated into the main flock. Those chicks grew and became their own flock with minimal care, roosting in trees and foraging nearly all their own food throughout the summer. They are still a separate flock several generations later and are proven survivors so I think these have a lot to add to the main flock.
IMG_20231125_081530337~2.jpg

View attachment 3691687 these two stags are at the top of the list for the next breeders. Several years ago I had a hen with heavy easter eggers influence disappear only to come out of the woods 3 weeks later with a bunch of chicks. She never re-integrated into the main flock. Those chicks grew and became their own flock with minimal care, roosting in trees and foraging nearly all their own food throughout the summer. They are still a separate flock several generations later and are proven survivors so I think these have a lot to add to the main flock.View attachment 3691688
That is an interesting story! I hope you have good luck in creating the breed you want. I suggest adding a less heavy breed into the flock, if you want good predator evasion chickens. Old English Games and Old English Game Bantams would be a great breed for that part. I have an Old English Game Bantam mix cockerel named Jasper; if he ever gets out of his pen, good luck on catching him.

That is an interesting story! I hope you have good luck in creating the breed you want. I suggest adding a less heavy breed into the flock, if you want good predator evasion chickens. Old English Games and Old English Game Bantams would be a great breed for that part. I have an Old English Game Bantam mix cockerel named Jasper; if he ever gets out of his pen, good luck on catching him.
Adding onto this: if you wish to have birds with camouflage, a great and calm temperament, and a love to forage constantly, then Speckled Sussex are a wonderful breed. The few faults they have can include that they are too friendly for their own good, so they are easily chased off, even by chickens who are much smaller than them; and, Speckled Sussex are weak as chicks and usually have a few health problems at a young age.

This is an EE x Isa Brown. I guess the back story on the Isa is a Delaware white. But her mom was quite a lot like herm

My Bielefelder x Dominique cockerels didn't like the snow this morning. Both of them were flying 6 feet up, 15 foot flights trying to keep their feet out of the snow. I bet they could fly quite well, given the opportunity. First time I see a 10 pound bird on my roof, I'm going to laugh my head off.
20230808_121650.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom