Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for the input.  I do not know if it is the warm early spring or what, but most seem to keep laying without much interest in setting.  We are supposed to get back to lower night time temps, so I may just have to pull the eggs and put them in the incubator!  I have one pullet that went right to setting on 9 eggs, but that is it so far.  All 9 are developing as I was going to pull any duds to make it easier for her to cover them.

SDM, glad to hear you came out okay so far.  Water just makes a mess of everything it touches especially when it gets in the house!
any went Broody yet

any went Broody yet
Evening SDM. One more. I am holding out hope for the last one before the temps drop in the next couple of days. Still have the incubator on standby but the last one has 12 eggs in the nest.

Evening SDM.  One more.  I am holding out hope for the last one before the temps drop in the next couple of days.  Still have the incubator on standby but the last one has 12 eggs in the nest.
hopefully soon, the redquill pullet I spoke of the other day I went to pull her eggs anticipating my other grey was going Broody but she only had 10 I thought she had more and the grey ended up was just laying

About the cold temps can u replace her eggs with less desirables for the time being

Last edited:
I don't even bother letting them set this early. Way too cold at night in my opinion. Supposed to snow a little here on Sunday.

I don't even bother letting them set this early. Way too cold at night in my opinion. Supposed to snow a little here on Sunday.
I normally don't either, but it has been so warm for us. If the hens can just get the eggs covered before colder nights set in then they seem to do pretty well, but I can't leave eggs in the nest if the temps are too cold.

I normally don't either, but it has been so warm for us.  If the hens can just get the eggs covered before colder nights set in then they seem to do pretty well, but I can't leave eggs in the nest if the temps are too cold.
I wish I could. Instead I have chicks in my shed with a heat lamp. I'd rather not play mommy but u gotta do whatever it takes. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom