Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a guy that has made some drop pens in Dixon. MO. And he has several of his own game lines, one of those is a dominique plue he has Joe Redmond Grays. University closed and my guys are singing while working up fish so slipping out shortly. Stuff we knock fish out with makes people real happy. Need to wear gloves I guess.

I found a guy that has made some drop pens in Dixon. MO. And he has several of his own game lines, one of those is a dominique plue he has Joe Redmond Grays. University closed and my guys are singing while working up fish so slipping out shortly. Stuff we knock fish out with makes people real happy. Need to wear gloves I guess.
Greys

Drop pens I got were homemade at $20 each. They will be perfect for my short-term needs to collect so feces.

The stag above I got as part of the deal. He has been put in quarantine that I moved as far from other birds as practical. Since in lone pen I put him in corner of hotwire to give protection on 2 sides. He obviously is a dom. When the owner first started to get the bird out it showed some strong man-fighter sign so working on putting a stop to that right up front by having him ride in front of cab with me. Other stags kin to him did same. I will be working out details but he is a combination of Kentucky Dom and another dom line that will have to ask about shortly for confirmation. I did not quite understand what the mating system was that actually gave rise to this guy other than he is a cross. He is het for peacomb. He has white legs which is why I got him. Some of his brood mates had yellow legs. Broodmates out of same cock but may not be of same hen. All adults in breeding groups he is supposed to be from have white or nearly so legs. His food preference when put on ground differed from my birds. This guy targeted the grower in the mix and grit. Mine would have hammered the shell corn and BOSS first and oats last.

I suspect strongly he will not know to fly up to roost tonight.

Last edited:
Drop pens I got were homemade at $20 each. They will be perfect for my short-term needs to collect so feces.

The stag above I got as part of the deal. He has been put in quarantine that I moved as far from other birds as practical. Since in lone pen I put him in corner of hotwire to give protection on 2 sides. He obviously is a dom. When the owner first started to get the bird out it showed some strong man-fighter sign so working on putting a stop to that right up front by having him ride in front of cab with me. Other stags kin to him did same. I will be working out details but he is a combination of Kentucky Dom and another dom line that will have to ask about shortly for confirmation. I did not quite understand what the mating system was that actually gave rise to this guy other than he is a cross. He is het for peacomb. He has white legs which is why I got him. Some of his brood mates had yellow legs. Broodmates out of same cock but may not be of same hen. All adults in breeding groups he is supposed to be from have white or nearly so legs. His food preference when put on ground differed from my birds. This guy targeted the grower in the mix and grit. Mine would have hammered the shell corn and BOSS first and oats last.

I suspect strongly he will not know to fly up to roost tonight.
Usually takes em a day or so to get on the roost. I'll put him up there once or twice but if they don't get it by then they will figure it out for themselves.
Speaking of hot wire. I just witnessed a stag head toward the pens. He got a little tangled in it. Doubt he'll do that again anytime soon. I heard squawking and went running to find him just get himself free. Looking around like what the h*ll was that?

Mine will try to pen fight through hotwire. They get zapped many times before backing off and trying to get through again. After a few rounds of that the bird on the outside will try to find a way to get at penned bird that is not obstructed by the hotwire. Getting zapped wears them out fast but not fast enough to prevent damage. Cock or dog much more effective at stopping these knumb nuts. The discomfort of hotwire zaps must not register the same as something that is alive coming after you.

U got drop pens to collect chicken sh*t? You may want to find another hobby. I recommend tying flies. Time consuming, relaxing etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom