Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, there is so much more to poop than how it looks. There are issues of type, scent, stickiness, concentrations of nutrients such as nitrogenous compounds, phosphates, macroelements, microelements, fiber and moisture content. You also have issues concerning in what form and attached to what the nutrients are found. In this situation the feces will not only be analyzed chemically, it will also be scanned with x-rays. This means we need to have pristine poop that has known only the delicate dropping from a chickens butt onto scrupulously cleaned sheet of plastic. It should not know the feeling of being stepped on or mixed with non-poop materials. The poops needs to only know love before we begin working out its details.

Guys, there is so much more to poop than how it looks. There are issues of type, scent, stickiness, concentrations of nutrients such as nitrogenous compounds, phosphates, macroelements, microelements, fiber and moisture content. You also have issues concerning in what form and attached to what the nutrients are found. In this situation the feces will not only be analyzed chemically, it will also be scanned with x-rays. This means we need to have pristine poop that has known only the delicate dropping from a chickens butt onto scrupulously cleaned sheet of plastic. It should not know the feeling of being stepped on or mixed with non-poop materials. The poops needs to only know love before we begin working out its details.
I'm only concerned with the birds being healthy and moisture. That's about it. You have fun playing with sh*t all you want.

Ah, fond memories. I helped collect and process many manure samples as a kid.

Slacker is roosting on the ground. Even the chicks are roosting up. I think this guy is on the ground for the first time in his life.
in the amount of time it took you to type that out you could have just put the bird on the roost pole.

I can't see how people freerange. Shubin says I'm mean for having mine all penned. Had an Albany stag get out yesterday and literally shredded himself to death taking on 3 roundheads through wire. Sucks bad that does not happen here.
I've learned to slow down, one slip and its over

Last edited:
I can't see how people freerange. Shubin says I'm mean for having mine all penned. Had an Albany stag get out yesterday and literally shredded himself to death taking on 3 roundheads through wire. Sucks bad that does not happen here.
I've learned to slow down, one slip and its over
Sorry to hear that. I like to have birds out on the yard, but they take turns. Pens all have lower boards so no pen fights so far. Everyone has to figure out a system that works for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom