Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@flypen when you were shooting recurves did you use a glove or a tab? I have a glove but I think I'm gonna get a tab to see which I like better. I find myself automatically shooting 3 fingers under. Whether that makes a difference I don't know.
With the glove I didn't have to be conscious of my fingers being in the right place, with the tabs I had to visually put my fingers on the string because of the tab being attached to only one finger. Everyone is different, you may like the tabs best. Just remember that you'll be shooting with your instincts.

@flypen when you were shooting recurves did you use a glove or a tab? I have a glove but I think I'm gonna get a tab to see which I like better. I find myself automatically shooting 3 fingers under. Whether that makes a difference I don't know.
I didn't shoot with 3 fingers under, the tabs will stop you from that and you'll be more consistent. Each time you draw your bow try to use your thumb to touch a anchor point on your neck, jaw, or behind your ear, but put it in the same spot every time you draw. Find you a anchor point for every shot.

I didn't shoot with 3 fingers under, the tabs will stop you from that and you'll be more consistent. Each time you draw your bow try to use your thumb to touch a anchor point on your neck, jaw, or behind your ear, but put it in the same spot every time you draw. Find you a anchor point for every shot.
Thanks. Yeah I know I have to remind myself of that each time. It's coming more natural each day. I quit trying to hold the weight like a compound after the first day. Lol. I love the bow so far. Should be a helluva lot of fun. I can hit the deer at 20 yds in the vitals or close so it's coming pretty quick. Gonna take months to be confident with it though.
I've watched tons of videos over the years of bowhunters with longbows and recurves. Getting that close has got to be a rush especially with bears.

Thanks. Yeah I know I have to remind myself of that each time. It's coming more natural each day. I quit trying to hold the weight like a compound after the first day. Lol. I love the bow so far. Should be a helluva lot of fun. I can hit the deer at 20 yds in the vitals or close so it's coming pretty quick. Gonna take months to be confident with it though.
I've watched tons of videos over the years of bowhunters with longbows and recurves. Getting that close has got to be a rush especially with bears.
The killer is when your adrenaline pegs out 3 times within a couple minutes and then you start to draw your bow and you don't have the power to draw. That sucks but it's why you do it, for the adrenaline rush

70 this morning had the chickens and squirrels active
Went on the bayou Gators were feeling good too

IMG_20170903_094155.jpg
IMG_20170903_094407.jpg
IMG_20170903_102648.jpg
IMG_20170903_103641.jpg
IMG_20170903_104057.jpg
IMG_20170903_110031.jpg
IMG_20170903_101723.jpg
IMG_20170903_101645.jpg
IMG_20170903_101612.jpg
IMG_20170903_101605.jpg
supposed to be upper 50 end of next week. In the morning

IMG_3691.JPG
Picked these up today. Just can't bring myself to get the mechanicals lol. I know, I know I'm probably missing out but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom