Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
a close up of Rocky

I would also go two weeks but it usually doesn't take that long. I have proof, with breeding a grey over mug and then ruble over mug. It was less than 7 days. New sperm kills old sperm. I had one hen go 15 days still fertile with no rooster, but she was by herself. New rooster in with her it would have been less. I would rather wait the two weeks or so to be sure.
Have seen where other guys say they had a hen stay fertile for over 30 days though.
I wonder if the new rooster is mating the hen often if it would be sooner.
I looked this up for hours and hours one night and I believe I found where it was the second egg with a new rooster should be good.
By the way the info wasn't from other forums or anything like that. It was a long boring pdf file from some university.

Last edited:
Grey is my weakness, someday maybe I can get some. Most all games are beautiful birds but my wife would kill me if I had a bunch around.

All I have right now is some half bloods out of a grey from some eggs I bought off ebay, the other half is buff cochin white leghorn cross. five hens setting and wishing I would leave some eggs for them and a greyish colored rooster and a red pyle marked rooster.
My wife feels the same way, doesn't stop me. lol She knows not to give me an ultimatum, because she wouldn't like the answer.

If you do get some gamefowl, it would be best to start with pure gamefowl, because adding your non-game crosses would probably dilute their vigor

Definitely not a full game rooster. Tail too short and his body is too soft.

But he holds himself well and has really cool colors. I wouldnt mind have a game rooster with those colors.

I was told he was a Red Pyle cross not told what with. My wife picked him because of his colors and the way he carried himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom