Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
made your trip yet?

I didn't go anywhere. The section of river I wanted to fish in WV just got stocked with trout. I don't fish for stocked anything. I said screw it and stayed home fishing around here.

No problem. I bought a pair of "dubbing" shears awhile back. I started to cut the comb and couldn't believe how sh*tty they were, went right in the trash. I use the bigger fiskars for the comb and the smaller ones they sell for the wattles and ear lobes.

Gonna buy me some tomorrow. This weekend is going to be bloody...

No problem. I bought a pair of "dubbing" shears awhile back. I started to cut the comb and couldn't believe how sh*tty they were, went right in the trash. I use the bigger fiskars for the comb and the smaller ones they sell for the wattles and ear lobes.

I had a really good pair that came from a large animal vet, but I misplaced them. So, like an idiot, I bought a pair off eBay. When they arrived, I noticed they were from Pakistan. They looked good. They only problem was that will not cut. I should have kept them and given them to my granddaughter. They might cut construction paper.

I had a really good pair that came from a large animal vet, but I misplaced them. So, like an idiot, I bought a pair off eBay. When they arrived, I noticed they were from Pakistan. They looked good. They only problem was that will not cut. I should have kept them and given them to my granddaughter. They might cut construction paper.
those dubbing shears everyone sells nowadays are just two pieces of metal hinged together, nothing more. They need to quit selling them.

I'm pretty new here, but will go ahead and share my views. Sometimes we argue oranges and apples. I believe there are different types of game fowl. There are those bred to keep various lines available, some to keep game fowl for physical/mental abilities, and those for showing. I can't fault anyone for raising Game Fowl for their preferred purposes. I have been more active in showing birds, but also enjoy other gamefowl raised for their various purposes and try to view (judge) them for their specific purpose. With the relatively new state and federal statutes, I feel sure there will be a decline in the "real rooster men and women".
yes the Real ones of both have dissapeared, so never in my life will i want to see a bunch of half grown stags on the roost together or scratching around because if i see that ill know someones been going about the Gamefowl the wrong way ,if stags are pretty and have lotsa fru fru coloration s but hang around together I consider them LAMEFOWL.

Last edited:
yes the Real ones of both have dissapeared, so never in my life will i want to see a bunch of half grown stags on the roost together or scratching around because if i see that ill know someones been going about the Gamefowl the wrong way ,if stags are pretty and have lotsa fru fru coloration s but hang around together I consider them LAMEFOWL.

Easy now. Shubin is not hardcore, nor is he counter productive. Many of his birds may not be game yet he still promotes interest in those that are. We need to respect moderates.

Im not saying Shubin ,i too cross games thats part of the fun ,im stating only if we put the outer covering over the inner covering ,i hope we all agree the feathers are the last thing we need to be worrying about ,Shubin does exactly what i do i tinker with the birds i have but i do watch Gameness any any adventures i take ,I see alot of threads about colors and yes i like those ,but the ones before us chose diffrently.

Im not saying Shubin ,i too cross games thats part of the fun ,im stating only if we put the outer covering over the inner covering ,i hope we all agree the feathers are the last thing we need to be worrying about ,Shubin does exactly what i do i tinker with the birds i have but i do watch Gameness any any adventures i take ,I see alot of threads about colors and yes i like those ,but the ones before us chose diffrently.

Color and feather quality did and does play a role. Not with all enthusiast but it is the overall big picture where some do consider color that makes for at least some selection pressure. When it comes to feathering, no one in their right mind would pit birds that look they are chewed on by puppies. Part of the gamefowl world is about presentation where you arrive at meet with good looking birds. Pride is part of that and you do not have to be a dandy to appreciate it. Potential for selling / exchanging birds is also a part. Birds in good feather do have a performance advantage as well. The feathers do not just keep the birds warm or just make shubin drool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom