Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
20170818_143243.jpg
Got tired of the grey so stripped it down and redid it also got the vortex diamond back all leveled up ready to sight back in. What my wife dont know is ill be ordering a boyds stock sooner rather than later.

To begin, I will go back to the year 1855, when John Stone of Marblehead, Mass., came south and fought and defeated Col. Tom Bacon a main of cocks at Columbia, S.C. Stone used against Bacon two styles of cocks evidently of different families and distinctive in appearance. One portion of them showing bright red plumage, black or mottled breast, orange hackle, yellow beak and moccasin legs stripped on the outside with flesh colored red. These he called Gliders or Claibornes and I am informed that occasionally one showed a tassel and some few a round head with pea comb. The other cocks he showed were brown and mahogany reds. All smooth heads and single, straight comb with black faces, comb black or sooty looking, eyes dark red or hazel brown (not black) and lead or dark legs. These he called his "Irish Brown Reds."
this to me reads that the peacomb is rarely thrown and would be an undesirable trait which would be culled thus I personally would not purchase that chicken. If they are 99% straight they are not going to breed towards the peacomb. I would think they are trying to sell me a Cull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom