Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

No reply back yet on my stock, and their origin. So, if they arnt Kathys new stock then I will call them 'old stock' and keep them going, and very likely look for some of Kathys to breed into them as well as to get her line going.

Also, I am wondering what shows would be eligible in MI and other states to start getting a show record for later petitioning to APS for breed recognition? I am told that at this time the Delawares arenot a recognized breed. If so, then we will need to begin the process of making a show record for them that goes back five years for I think five different breeders. Correct me if I am wrong.

Life goes on, and its spring, next week I will have chicks from these as yet unknown line of Delawares.

I am told that at this time the Delawares arenot a recognized breed. If so, then we will need to begin the process of making a show record for them that goes back five years for I think five different breeders. Correct me if I am wrong.
I don't think that is true."In 1952, it was recognized for exhibition by acceptance into the American Poultry Association's Standard of Perfection."

"APA: -Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection"

Thank you ! Thats great !
celebrate.gif

Now to get some chicks grown out in time for the shows !

Ifnot, then at least exhibited.

Nice pics ! What are the other ones?

I will have some pipping tomorrow if a power outage last Thurs eve didnt throw that off, I will have a better idea tomorrow when the first ones should start pipping. Delawares and my Icelandics.

I will know a lot better on wed. I am hoping that it just set them back a little.

Nice pics ! What are the other ones? I will have some pipping tomorrow if a power outage last Thurs eve didnt throw that off, I will have a better idea tomorrow when the first ones should start pipping. Delawares and my Icelandics. I will know a lot better on wed. I am hoping that it just set them back a little.

Golden Laced Wyandottes. LF!

GLW are excellent ! I love them. I used to raise white Wyandottes, in upstate NY, free ranged most of the year, penned at night. One of my favorite breeds, them and PC RIRs. If I could I would keep both of those along with the three I will have this year. Only so much time, room and money.

Wow, these chicks are a growing. and a eating. I think they eat more than any chicks I have ever had before. Of course they num. more than I usually have at a time this yr too. I have them along with GNH, SLW,JH,BR,WOrp too. I'll have a time this fall sorting them out but oh they are fun now. The Dels are not consistent in color but their growth does seem pretty consistent so far. None seem excessively behind the others. I seem to have a large num. of hens so far which I like also. I like egg layers. My GNH male Jacob tried to crow today. What a hoot. I had my A1 testing today too.
In Dec. The other NPIP testing and mg/ms will get done again. All seem really healthy this yr. I restarted the natural cider vinegar with mother back this wk. I always use it in the summer if I don't in the winter. The water gets more junk growing in it in the summer during the day between changes and it helps to keep things down. It sure has been wet here. Looks like it is going to be wetter still with the tropical depression Andrea getting developed so watch out everyone and stay safe

Back
Top Bottom