Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

They look great as babies. How many do you have? I have read of Pauls flock. Does he have a website, or contact info? I have a couple dozen eggs in the incubator of Kathyinmo's line but would love an outcross. For whatever reason I have not been able to contact her, PM or her email. Maybe I have cooties, I dont know. My little flock of her line though is producing vigorously.
clap.gif

They look great as babies. How many do you have? I have read of Pauls flock. Does he have a website, or contact info? I have a couple dozen eggs in the incubator of Kathyinmo's line but would love an outcross. For whatever reason I have not been able to contact her, PM or her email. Maybe I have cooties, I dont know. My little flock of her line though is producing vigorously.
clap.gif

big_smile.png
Nice. I heard she had nice Dellies. I have 25. He sent 26, one died. Was never right. Legs didn't form right. But these are some spunky chicks to say the least. LOL I have 6 older GLW in with them and they will grab the GLW by the head and twirl them around. LOL. I'll be culling and selling most of these. Just going to keep 2-3 roos and about 8-10 hens.

Here is his web site. http://www.backtothefarmmo.com/breeds.html

Thanks for the link Nesting, I will check it out.

Re kathyinmo, I received a PM about her, she is having some real problems right now and needs support and prayers.

She is strong and will get through these but she still needs our support.
hugs.gif

Thanks for the link Nesting, I will check it out.

Re kathyinmo, I received a PM about her, she is having some real problems right now and needs support and prayers.

She is strong and will get through these but she still needs our support.
hugs.gif
Yes I heard her daughter was in hospital - our prayers go out to her and family.

clap.gif

Just curious why you would want to outcross your Delawares from Kathyinmo. She worked hard to recreate the Delaware since there were not many good ones out there and her birds are very nice, I have heard. Why undo all that hard work with an outcross?

Hello, hello, hello!
frow.gif

I get a few minutes on the computer now, so am checking in.

Jake does not have my recreated Delawares. He may have some of my old stock, but none of the ones I created from scratch. I never released any of them until just a few weeks ago. Those are the first ones out!

Ah, thanks for that explanation. Glad to see you back on here, best wishes for you and your family.

This is getting interesting. I got my trio from Robin Bahmer here in MI, she said she got them from someone else who said they were of Kathys' stock,

I will do some checking and see. My post before was not to suggest crossing into what I have but adding another line.

The colors on mine arenot what I have seen on the 'best' so they could well be from older stock. Whatever their origin they have a home, excellent temperaments, layers, and size.

They had been penned with some other roosters and the hens got picked pretty good, but those are healed over and some feathers ones growing in, I wont have a real accurate idea of coloring until after the next molt. I am told they are just a year old, if so their egg production is really excellent, close to an egg a day, 5-6 per week from each. I cant knock that. I am very interested now in finding out much more about their lineage.

Kathy great to see you here !!!!
celebrate.gif
thumbsup.gif

I very much would like to order some chicks when you are able to handle another order.Or eggs. I am very open.

Sun is shining, then some thunderstorms coming so I am heading out to get some things done,

later, and welcome back kathy !
clap.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom