Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Yard full o' rocks :

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT to all my SDWD friends!!!

Just received an email stating that I will be receiving a JOB OFFER from the company I interviewed with out in California tomorrow by 8AM Pacific time!

First.....thank you ALL for your thoughts, prayers, well-wishes, etc during my "journey"....I have certainly felt your friendship throughout this mess and I am truly grateful!!!

Secondly, please pray that the offer will be at least "close" to what it was I told them I would need to have!! If the offer is close....I'll be "back in the saddle"

AGAIN...thanks soooooo much for your support

Will know more tomorrow

PS- on a chicken note, my EEs and Lt Brahmas have started hatching.....so far I have 2 of each out, about 12 more pipped

Later!!

Prayers my friend. Major prayers from here. Cher​

I've been busy with the Pyr rescue stuff, they're coming in in dozens now and between, foster, transport, evaluation and "getting in touch" with everyone, I'm super busy. I have a litter of pups coming in, a foster going on transport, and a "left out to starve" senior male coming in at the end of this month or beginning of next. Small farmers and hobby farmers were hit hard in the economy crash and LOTs of people stopped keeping stock, then they stopped wanting the pyrs, or just stopped feeding them. We're getting a lot of cruelty cases. And of course some people thought PYR pups would ALWAYS be a good source of income, except many many farms collapsed and the normal number of 'start ups' haven't happened, and even people who want them can't afford to feed them - so dozens are being dumped, or impounded weekly by animal control. People are shooting the pyrs who are underfed and going stray more often. It's not been a great couple of years for the breed. And they won my heart, so I have more work than I can do, to try to keep up.

Algernon is awesome. His three sons are growing like weeds, don't know if the fourth roo is ?/delaware hen, or Algernon/? hen... He's obviously incomplete columbian but soo darn attractive, dunno what I'll do with him. The odd blue based del style hens are turning out pretty. And the pure dels are big heavy boys and gals. So pics to follow if the weather ever allows. Threw a few more of the biggest, hugest, darkest del eggs in with my current hatch of blue rocks, ameraucanas, and three of my pullet marans eggs for kicks. I'm shooting for a small group of wheaten/BW ameraucanas for blue eggs around here. I do love the marans' egg, very purty dark egg.

The next generation is looking up. I may just fence off an e-net run for them and let them have my dog kennel to really work on a huge batch of pure eggs come spring. Since I hatched all winter, they'll be laying soon.
smile.png
Time to pick the 1st runner up boy or decide that Algernon should go to his daughters. Thank the lord, not a sprig in sight in this generation so far.

Wooooohooooo!!

Job offer just came!!! $s look fine....it has a lot of "legal/contractual mumbo jumbo" that I need to have an attorney look at....BUT, overall it looks good

Thanks again everybody!!!

Off to lunch with Jenn to celebrate!

Quote:
About and hour - hour and half
smile.png

Beth - Cyn has a new avatar dear...it is a nice shot of Isaac....trust us when we say that we know the difference between between a Delaware and a Barred Rock IT IS ISAAC IN THE PIC WOMAN *grabs her shoulders and skakes her* clean your cashe and cookies woman!

Scott Congratulations.
hugs.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
Yes do take the stuffs to a lawyer to look over....that is some long distance traveling if there are issues later.

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL yay. If I can get down that way, he can come on up here. I am getting some W/BW eggs locally but I have some in the incubator from Halo too! Eventually I'm gonna have BLUE EGG layers. Yay.

Yard full o' rocks :

Wooooohooooo!!

Job offer just came!!! $s look fine....it has a lot of "legal/contractual mumbo jumbo" that I need to have an attorney look at....BUT, overall it looks good

Thanks again everybody!!!

Off to lunch with Jenn to celebrate!

YAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
ya.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom