Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Quote:
It's no scam .... it says:
It would be easy to put this rooster with a dozen productive light Sussex hens that could lay over 2,000 eggs a year.

so where is that bird?

Quote:
It's no scam .... it says:
It would be easy to put this rooster with a dozen productive light Sussex hens that could lay over 2,000 eggs a year.

so where is that bird?

put this rooster with a dozen productive light Sussex hens
What do you mean, where is that bird? The rooster? Greenfire Farms has him. They imported them from Australia.

Kathy,

I was just looking at him, I have no idea of the Sussex standard at all. I was actually comparing him to a Delaware. Didn't even look at the comb. Mea Culpa there. I think I'm tired.....I've been doing better at sleeping though
smile.png
I told myself I wasn't going to post tonight because I was so tired...
th.gif
One more day then I'm off on a vacation to wonderland.
wee.gif

I think I more wanted to say...I think people are crazy to look at that picture and judge the rooster's value... that you can't judge a rooster in motion against standard. (Even if you knew what the standard was.)

Laney

Sorry. I'm lurking and wanted to chime in.

I have some reservations about these Coronation Sussex.... I know they are "rare" for the US, but how rare? There has been at least 4 sellers on ebay alone selling them. And out of everyone who orders eggs and/or chicks YOU KNOW they got to be inline breeding them since they laid down hundreds for the stock. So, if last summer there was three to four ebay seller who sold (let say) 20 clutches of eggs a piece, and half hatched well enough to start a breeding flock..... why does this STILL justify the prices people pay?

One ebayer even said, "And I'm the only one in the US with these birds. I got them from Paul Bradshaw myself." Isn't Paul Bradshaw in the US?

Paul Bradshaw IS Greenfire Farms. He is in the USA. He imported the Coronation Sussex from Exhibition winning stock in Australia. All Coronation Sussex in the USA had to originate from these birds that he imported. As far as inline breeding, it's done all the time. Rare? Oh yes, they are rare. I forgot what year it was that he imported them, but you can look on his website and see that.

Back
Top Bottom