Show off your little swimmers 2020!

Pics
Do the yellow have pink bills? might be white layers. @WannaBeHillBilly
That was my thought too. Fleshy bills, really cheeky duckling and their legs somehow look too big for the rest of the body => White Layer!
If they turn out to be White Layers, consider yourself lucky: My White Layers are the most friendliest of my mixed flock - and the goofiest…

I have two 2 week old ducks in the brooder right now and i’m already stressing about them meeting my 1 male/ 2 female ducks when its time! I’ve integrated chickens but never ducks!
Ducks are relatively simple to integrate: 1-2 weeks of watch - no touch time and you can set the newbies loose. You can speed up the process by supervised play-time outside during warm weather so that the grown-ups know that new ducks are on their way.
Some ducks suddenly discover their maternal instincts and instantaneously bond with the little ones.

Ducks are relatively simple to integrate: 1-2 weeks of watch - no touch time and you can set the newbies loose. You can speed up the process by supervised play-time outside during warm weather so that the grown-ups know that new ducks are on their way.
Some ducks suddenly discover their maternal instincts and instantaneously bond with the little ones.
Yeah I was thinking about doing that! My drake is a jerk to everyone but his ladies i think thats why i get so nervous!

I got some babies today at TSC....rouens and what I think must be swedish!
IMG_20200314_211239_078.jpg
20200314_210002.jpg
20200314_201931.jpg
20200314_201739.jpg

8 cayuga eggs in the bator, too 😊

Hey friends!! Been busy, busy here....cleaning and disinfecting, home school, and teen ducks!!
Look how big they are!! You will notice the flock has thinned to 5 😔 Chance the gander got ahold of one through the fence and it was not pretty...hard lesson learned there!
20200329_090130.jpg
20200329_090123.jpg
20200329_090115.jpg

😂😂 Redneck Woman singing baby duck!! 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom