Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Sad to say, wonderful this morning but I literally just received a call from my husband. He found her flopped over in the brooder on the heating pad and she died in his hands while he was mixing up some emergency sugar water to administer. At least we tried. Poor thing. :(

Oh darn it. I'm sorry :hugs

Oh darn it. I'm sorry :hugs
Seems to me the japs I've bought just have a rough start in life. I've had one in every brood but the assortment from Ideal who struggled early on. Lost the first at two weeks old to failure to thrive, saved the second when it stopped eating, then this guy. At least I have plenty of healthy chicks, but it does make me curious about the hardiness of the breed.

Could have told me that before I sent in the order for 500 copies....

That's odd. How's it doing??
It's surprisingly good, kicking and protesting the antibiotics after I rudely took it from a nice spot in the middle of the sleeping chick pile. But there's no mistaking that bare, still slightly swollen butt. What a strange night this has been.

Wonder how or if I should treat the rest of the lot, considering I never would have pegged the chick that did die as ill.

It's surprisingly good, kicking and protesting the antibiotics after I rudely took it from a nice spot in the middle of the sleeping chick pile. But there's no mistaking that bare, still slightly swollen butt. What a strange night this has been.

Wonder how or if I should treat the rest of the lot, considering I never would have pegged the chick that did die as ill.
Quite odd. I hope it makes it. :fl

Back
Top Bottom