Show off your Peas!

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Kedreeva, May 27, 2012.

1. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    A little auto fix to remove the evening haze , hope you don't mind, he/she sure is pretty.
    [​IMG]

2. new 2 pfowl

new 2 pfowl Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2012
    Makara, Wellington, NZ
    Thanks Zaz!
    That was actually window dirt, not evening haze (I took the photo through the window)! [​IMG]

3. 3BirdGirlz

3BirdGirlz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2013
    Montana
    It's a great photo! But glad it didn't get you boy.

4. ellymayRans

ellymayRans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jumping in to say hello and get you guys/gals finally added to my subscriptions. I've admired all of the pics and stories lurking for months and months. I just acquired my first pea back in mmm October maybe..she was not quite 6mos now I have her a 2 year mate. I've had them in my spacious 3 car garage to get to know each other and their surroundings. She is great. .never leaves thinks she's a chicken and retires to the coop at night if I don't corral her back to the garage but here they are.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. zazouse

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Pretty pair.
    [​IMG]

6. ellymayRans

Thanks. I look forward to having them out and about to get my own beautiful outdoor pics. He got out this past Friday when my 7 year old got off the bus and gathered eggs..he came in the back door of the garage and didn't close it! Ugh..while the pea Mr P as they've named him was roosted on one of the smaller coops my 14 yr old thought he could get him on a board and of course as soon as he raised it at him Mr P flew over the house and landed in our back tree line. Mrs P was already outside and he has a thing for her but her...Not so much...she stays with the chickens. He finally came down and checked things out but ended up in the woods wandering. He started hollering and I tracked him down and luckily the fencing in the woods is pretty overgrown and I was able to catch him. So stressful though. My legs were like jello the whole way home!! He's only been here a month maybe. I was really hoping he would follow her around and stay close but he didn't. So she's back with him for more bonding time and only one banty pullet as she insists on laying her eggs in the garage! ! Silly birds!

7. AnimalsRmyLife

AnimalsRmyLife Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2013
    Idaho
    @ellymayRans Your peas look lovely! Welcome!!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  8. SunBaked

SunBaked Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Southwest
    Peggy sure sounds like a charmer. Atticus has been the same as ever. I had somebody over last week to see the birds and he came right up to her and was nice. I didn't keep her in there too long though because I was worried he would decide to give her his hello peck. He doesn't do damage but it's kind of rough for people not expecting it.

Wow what a nice picture. I am glad he didn't get anything. I bet that poor thing hadn't seen peafowl before. He is probably wondering what the heck you're feeding your chickens to make them so big [​IMG],

9. zazouse

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Silly Peacock, Ducks be like "RUN" [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. ellymayRans

Fun and beautiful as always! Thanks for sharing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by