Show off your Peas!

They are all so beautiful! Here are my peas Victoria and Albert. I still have so much to learn but am loving the experience! Albert came to us in July, I was told he was about 2 years old. He has grown so much in the past 6 months! We plan to expand the pen in the spring. It took 2 months to find Victoria, and another couple of weeks to convince her owner he should sell her to me! It was love at first sight.... I wish I had room for more!!
Very nice . Love the names! :thumbsup

Thank you. I tried planting plants and small trees in there with them but they ate them up within an hour's time. :/ Any suggestions? :idunno

Clumping bamboo. Just make sure it is the clumping kind. I don't know if they will eat up fatsias but I have three of those in the pen and they peck at them sometimes, but the leaves are so thick they don't really eat them and the plants don't look all torn up. Also if you can find plants that are really tall then they can't eat them all up. I have one plant that they would eat up if it wasn't for it being so tall. From them pecking at the lower leaves the plant is litterally a stick with a circle of leaves on the top. It looks like one of those fancy plants you see in someone's front yard all nicely shaped, but it was all done by my birds. When I get a new plant I leave it in the pen with them for a few days. If they haven't started to shred it by then I will plant it. If it doesn't work in the pen I put it on the outside of their pen. :)

Thank you for the information. I will begin my search to find the clumping bamboo and the fatsias and really tall plants. I'm excited at the possibility of having plants again. :weee

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!

Looks like a cameo pied.
I also thought it was a hen, how old is it in that photo?

The pictures are from a couple weeks ago
MG]
His neck is coloring in nicely but in a royal blue almost purple color. I bought Mom and Dad at a sale when they were young still. They were sold as Silver Pied White Eyed. I dont care what they are I like them just would like to know what I got.
IMG ALT=""]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/5552656/width/350/height/700[/IMG]
This is Mom and Dad Dad has about 5 half white eyes in his tail this year, they are 4 years old now.

Looks like a cameo pied.
I also thought it was a hen, how old is it in that photo?

The pictures are from a couple weeks ago
MG]
His neck is coloring in nicely but in a royal blue almost purple color. I bought Mom and Dad at a sale when they were young still. They were sold as Silver Pied White Eyed. I dont care what they are I like them just would like to know what I got.
IMG ALT=""]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/5552656/width/350/height/700[/IMG]
This is Mom and Dad Dad has about 5 half white eyes in his tail this year, they are 4 years old now.

I agree with zazouse. I don't see any barring on the wings to tell it's a male. I guess you'll have to see if "he" grows a tail....my 8 month old is already getting his longer tail feathers. But very beautiful bird! :)

I love those pens, would you be able to start a new thread to showcase it? If not I understand, I just don't want to take over this thread with pen pictures. :) I'd love to see more.

I will take more photos of them when I go out to feed again tomorrow, if the weather is decent. I did not build them but we are tearing them down to move over here to my farm. I will start a new thread and show how these were made. I really like them but they do not work at my farm, just 2 miles away. Where these pens are now they are well protected by woods and a small mountain but I live more on a knoll and get the viscous winds of the north.

Give me a few days and I will do my best to show how the pens are now before we disassemble them.

Back
Top Bottom