Show off your Peas!

My Spalding bronze dark pied peacock, he just started getting his fully train.
Q8, How do your birds respond to the heat in Kuwait? Probably the hottest place I have ever been in my life, very curious to know as it really shows how diverse peafowl are, by the way, stunning birds! Keep it up. Gerald Barker

Q8,
How do your birds respond to the heat in Kuwait? Probably the hottest place I have ever been in my life, very curious to know as it really shows how diverse peafowl are, by the way, stunning birds! Keep it up.

Gerald Barker

Well, Kuwait city properly one of the hottest cities in the world if not the hottest ever. I used to have cooling system for my breeding pens which will keep the temp around 90, but i still have many pens with no cooling system or anything else, and most people who keeps peafowl here don't use any cooling machines for their birds, they only use water bans made of pottery, these will keeps the water not hot during summer, the birds will stand in these bans to cools their legs, so each bird will need a ban of water for him, and that's what will keep them alive.

Peafowls take the heat so good, more than you think, especially green peafowl, india blue peafowls came from a place where the temp reach 120 during summer, and we reach 133 here.

I remember seeing some people here worrying about their birds in summer when the temp reachs 100, some will put fans for the birds, I always say to myself what they would say if they saw my birds here? Lol.

You guys shouldn't worry about the heat in summer at all, just be sure they have water and shade and that's all they need.

Spaulding Black Shoulder coming three years old.

Peach Silver Pied, two years old.

Spaulding Purple Black Shoulder three year old.

Cameo yearling

Spaulding Black Shoulder hen, three year old.

Spaulding IB dark Pied yearling.

Silver Pied yearling enjoying her early morning pumpkin ala mode.

Breakfast!

Fresh pumpkin!

OK, guys, eat all the coals before jumping in!

Fun in the ash pile!

Back
Top Bottom