SHOW OFF YOUR YUM! Food Photography Thread

My lunch - brisket, broccoli, and baked potato.
View attachment 1416192
Logo_YUM_YUM.jpg

DW made hambone soup. We get the spiral cut ham. When most of the slices are gone, we make a soup from the remains... :drool
Used a bean soup mix. Added barley. Added the traditional fresh veggies like carrots, celery, potato, as well as some fresh dill. Soup needs to simmer for a long time. Beans take long to cook to be soft. (unless pre-soaked) Most of the ham pieces fell off the bone into soup. This is what I took out. Of course I acted like a canine and cleaned off dem bonz. :gig
It was back to using hands and teeth. :oops:
IMG_20180603_165659050.jpg
IMG_20180603_165749618.jpg

This soup is sooooo tasty. Large pot will carry us for a few meals.
Next lunch will be soup and sandwich. :thumbsup

Not yet :lol:

Waiting for DH to come home from work before I cut into it. It's a new recipe so too soon to see if I'll have to hide it (or toss it!). Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cake, it looks and smells good :idunno so we'll see.

:weeOoooooh I love a PB cake with PB frosting. :drool The recipe I have is a little dry so I'm curious to hear how yours is. :pop

After DD's tres leches cake last month, I'm wondering if I could poke holes in the PB cake & pour a can of condensed or evap milk over it before frosting.... Anybody know if that would help?

Back
Top Bottom