SHOW OFF YOUR YUM! Food Photography Thread

Sorry... I snarfed that down WAY to fast to take pix.:oops:
I put you with Cap on that one. Tsk, tsk! :gig

I had goat milk in the fridge one time i was saving to feed to baby goats when my parents were visiting. I wrote all over the jug Do Not Drink Goat Milk!
Mom said it was great.:hit poor baby goats!
:eek:....poor babies is right!

20171114_052548.jpg

I made a beef pot pie.

Saute a pound of beef stew meat in a couple T avocado oil until browned, set aside. Put 4 T butter in the same skillet and saute a chopped onion and some garlic til starting to brown, then add a couple sliced carrots and a couple stalks chopped celery and cook til carrots start to soften, then add a couple chopped potatoes and saute a few minutes. Add 2 c water and 2 bouillon cubes and a couple bay leaves and bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and add the meat. Simmer uncovered until most of the liquid is gone, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt 2 T butter in a pan, add 3 T flour and mix, then whisk in 1/2 c milk until smooth. Pour into vegetable mixture and stir until thickened. Remove from heat, stir in some canned baby peas and set aside to cool a bit. Remove the bay leaves, put into pie crust and bake 425 for 15 minutes then 350 until done, about another half an hour.

I've made this with chicken and turkey. Our next pie will be made with pork, ham bouillon and some sweet potatoes. Think I might try a granny smith apple in there and skip the peas, probably use a sweet onion and pare down the garlic. Also no bay leaves.

View attachment 1186534

I made a beef pot pie.

Saute a pound of beef stew meat in a couple T avocado oil until browned, set aside. Put 4 T butter in the same skillet and saute a chopped onion and some garlic til starting to brown, then add a couple sliced carrots and a couple stalks chopped celery and cook til carrots start to soften, then add a couple chopped potatoes and saute a few minutes. Add 2 c water and 2 bouillon cubes and a couple bay leaves and bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and add the meat. Simmer uncovered until most of the liquid is gone, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt 2 T butter in a pan, add 3 T flour and mix, then whisk in 1/2 c milk until smooth. Pour into vegetable mixture and stir until thickened. Remove from heat, stir in some canned baby peas and set aside to cool a bit. Remove the bay leaves, put into pie crust and bake 425 for 15 minutes then 350 until done, about another half an hour.

I've made this with chicken and turkey. Our next pie will be made with pork, ham bouillon and some sweet potatoes. Think I might try a granny smith apple in there and skip the peas, probably use a sweet onion and pare down the garlic. Also no bay leaves.
OMG! This is being printed off and stuck in my rec folder.. thank you for posting..:hugs

Back
Top Bottom