SHOW OFF YOUR YUM! Food Photography Thread

Yesterday was a Before & After kind of day.

Started the day off pretty early as usual. Had some responses to our Classified Ads the day before so we had to get chores done quick before the "So Called" potential customers arrived. I use the term So Called because we get A LOT of calls but almost no one comes when they say they are. Not as much as a courtesy call cancellation.
Yesterday was the complete opposite.
So after giving you that little "walk a mile in our shoes" sob story, here comes the Before & After..

BEFORE:
We went to the Feed Store yesterday morning. SPENT WAY TOO MUCH. Using Foresight as a reason. Instead of going to get feed for the critters 3 times a week, we went for broke.. literally. Spent all the Farm Funds on the load. Brought home 20-fifty# bags of grains and bookoo hay. Our Farm Money is completely gone at this point. Flat broke.
AFTER:
Lord & behold! One of the Swine inquiries shows up at the gate. Walked him back to the pure Bred Berkshires. He bought them all. Without haggling the listed price.
Then the rooster bidding guy showed up and bought 10 roos. Another showed and bought 5 more. Then we sold out of the twenty dozen eggs we has stock piled.
The Pure bred Berks alone payed for the mornings feed bill 4 times!
In the end we came out smelling like a rose. As well as less mouths to feed making the newly purchased load of feed go a lot further..

SPEAKING OF MOUTHS TO FEED..
Time for ours!

BEFORE:
View attachment 1207582 AFTER:View attachment 1207584

BEFORE:View attachment 1207581 AFTER:View attachment 1207580

BEFORE:View attachment 1207585Got some of the Homemade Beans thawed. View attachment 1207586Thawed a couple portions of Garlic Toast.

Before:View attachment 1207579 AFTER:View attachment 1207578
Steak/de veined peel & eat Shrimp/Baked Beans & Bacon/Garlic Toast.
Add a glass of red wine and iced H2O. :drool

BEFORE:
View attachment 1207589
AFTER:
View attachment 1207590

The sandman came for dinner and brought the desert. I was down for the count.

Delicious! I'm glad it was a good sales day.

A couple of salads I've had recently for lunches.

A romaine salad with orange, feta, and beans. With an Orange and Oregano dressing.
EE1F453E-F7FD-4029-8261-51BFC768C340.jpeg

Melon, onion, and tomato salad. Dressing was olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
346D2140-87D5-4500-B557-A855335F8461.jpeg

Last edited:
Last night everything was running late. So we made a quick and simple meal. It was a old Ortega taco dinner kit with those small corn shells. I did not have the jumbo flour shells which we usually use, and the small shells in the kit don't fit nearly the ingredients that I'd like to put in tacos. So these are sloppy and not made with ingredients like refried beans, olives, toms etc. Really overstuffed with minimum fixins and not much to look at. I ran out of shredded cheese in the bottom of the tacos so I tore up some American Cheese Slices and place them on top. Why does old Ortega make the shells so small? Are they for 5 year old children?
20171212_211911.jpg
20171212_211920.jpg

And then since we had the oven heated up just to warm the corn shells why waste the oven Heat? So I mixed up a batch of Duncan Hines brand brownies and placed it in the oven while we were eating our micro tiny little people tacos.
By the time we were done eating our bite-size taco shells, the brownies were ready to come out of the oven. Once they cooled, half the dish was Gone with a couple Tall Glasses of ice cold milk. All and all I think my belly was very content last night.
20171212_211930.jpg
Am I the only one that likes to dip brownies and ice cold milk just like cookies?
When they break in half and fall to the bottom, you get a chocolate pudding reward in the end! Just grab a spoon and claim your reward.
:drool

Back
Top Bottom