SHOW OFF YOUR YUM! Food Photography Thread

Last night everything was running late. So we made a quick and simple meal. It was a old Ortega taco dinner kit with those small corn shells. I did not have the jumbo flour shells which we usually use, and the small shells in the kit don't fit nearly the ingredients that I'd like to put in tacos. So these are sloppy and not made with ingredients like refried beans, olives, toms etc. Really overstuffed with minimum fixins and not much to look at. I ran out of shredded cheese in the bottom of the tacos so I tore up some American Cheese Slices and place them on top. Why does old Ortega make the shells so small? Are they for 5 year old children?
View attachment 1208344 View attachment 1208343
And then since we had the oven heated up just to warm the corn shells why waste the oven Heat? So I mixed up a batch of Duncan Hines brand brownies and placed it in the oven while we were eating our micro tiny little people tacos.
By the time we were done eating our bite-size taco shells, the brownies were ready to come out of the oven. Once they cooled, half the dish was Gone with a couple Tall Glasses of ice cold milk. All and all I think my belly was very content last night.View attachment 1208342Am I the only one that likes to dip brownies and ice cold milk just like cookies?
When they break in half and fall to the bottom, you get a chocolate pudding reward in the end! Just grab a spoon and claim your reward.
:drool
When my tacos aren't big enough for my fillings - it becomes taco salad. Then I can put anything I want on it.
Tacos and brownies - two of my favorites!

Last night everything was running late. So we made a quick and simple meal. It was a old Ortega taco dinner kit with those small corn shells. I did not have the jumbo flour shells which we usually use, and the small shells in the kit don't fit nearly the ingredients that I'd like to put in tacos. So these are sloppy and not made with ingredients like refried beans, olives, toms etc. Really overstuffed with minimum fixins and not much to look at. I ran out of shredded cheese in the bottom of the tacos so I tore up some American Cheese Slices and place them on top. Why does old Ortega make the shells so small? Are they for 5 year old children?
View attachment 1208344 View attachment 1208343
And then since we had the oven heated up just to warm the corn shells why waste the oven Heat? So I mixed up a batch of Duncan Hines brand brownies and placed it in the oven while we were eating our micro tiny little people tacos.
By the time we were done eating our bite-size taco shells, the brownies were ready to come out of the oven. Once they cooled, half the dish was Gone with a couple Tall Glasses of ice cold milk. All and all I think my belly was very content last night.View attachment 1208342Am I the only one that likes to dip brownies and ice cold milk just like cookies?
When they break in half and fall to the bottom, you get a chocolate pudding reward in the end! Just grab a spoon and claim your reward.
:drool

Yes, those are made with kids in mind. I don't know that I have ever even dunked a cookie in milk. :lau

When my tacos aren't big enough for my fillings - it becomes taco salad. Then I can put anything I want on it.
Tacos and brownies - two of my favorites!

Good idea!

Made a chicken pot pie today.
96045CE6-E10C-42F8-BA8A-2DF7CB163B64.jpeg

This is before the crust was put on.
D7E0DCF4-9C57-42CB-9575-F5F699EEDF9F.jpeg

Just pulled it from the oven!

We have to swap recipes! That looks so inviting!
:D It’s a simple throw together. When you don’t have a lot of time to prep.

2 big cans of cream of chicken
2 cans of potato’s. I usually grab the whole but accidentally grabbed sliced.
1 can of sliced carrots
Peas, I eyeball the right amount :oops: But I’d say about a cup.
1cup Milk
Garlic, black pepper (I used fresh ground) and parsley to taste.
2 cans of crescent rolls
I would have put chicken in it but SOMEONE (looks at my mother) doesn’t like chicken in chicken pot pie.
Bake at 350 for a bit until simmering then add crescent roll top. Cook until golden brown and firm. You want a nice crunch when you serve it.

Last edited:
20171213_140226.jpg
20171213_153451.jpg

Quick dinner tonight. Cut the casings off 3 sausages and browned: ran the sauce a minute in the blender so it's smooth.
20171213_153435.jpg

Then simmered together for about a half hour, added a touch of sugar to reduce the acid taste and added two cloves of roasted garlic.
20171213_171449.jpg

Added cooked tortellini and serving a Caesar salad on the side with a glass of milk.

Back
Top Bottom