SHOW OFF YOUR YUM! Food Photography Thread

Back from the soup supper at the Lodge. Good grief! Wires got crossed somewhere - usually we have a really good assortment of soups, breads, and the condiments, with a salad or two thrown in by those who aren't soup makers. Tonight - pot after pot of chili. Hot chili, not-hot chili, hamburger soup chili, white chili, red chili.....and two kinds of garlic breads. :confused: I brought cheesy potato soup. I got the memo....

IMG_1440.JPG

IMG_1447.JPG

Holy moly. Are these consecutive meals you've been posting or some photos you have archived for just the right time? I'm jealous.
There was another thread that dealt withe food, but now it isn't so active. ..so I am reusing the info. and I will photograph my Shabat (Saturdays night ) meals again. We have at least once a week a big meal with extended family, but we seat,as family, every day for at least one (usually dinner ) common meal ,and I am the one that coocks , my wife is expert in cooking water which occasionally she manage to burn! :lau:gig

Back from the soup supper at the Lodge. Good grief! Wires got crossed somewhere - usually we have a really good assortment of soups, breads, and the condiments, with a salad or two thrown in by those who aren't soup makers. Tonight - pot after pot of chili. Hot chili, not-hot chili, hamburger soup chili, white chili, red chili.....and two kinds of garlic breads. :confused: I brought cheesy potato soup. I got the memo....

View attachment 1233590

View attachment 1233589
Whooo matching utensils! Very nice!

View attachment 1233590

View attachment 1233589
Had I known ahead of time that there was going to be soo much assorted CHILI, I would have made it to that Lodge. :drool:drool:drool

There was another thread that dealt withe food, but now it isn't so active. ..so I am reusing the info. and I will photograph my Shabat (Saturdays night ) meals again. We have at least once a week a big meal with extended family, but we seat,as family, every day for at least one (usually dinner ) common meal ,and I am the one that coocks , my wife is expert in cooking water which occasionally she manage to burn! :lau:gig
My dad was a good cook. My mother .... eh... lol
Ok, this is good to know because I was beginning to believe that I am quite the slacker! :D

What is chili size? Or am i not reading that right?

Yes it's called chili size. It's a toasted bun, burger and chili with chopped onion and cheese. Started in California.
I only use half a bun because it's very filling, but hubs and the boy use the whole bun, burger on one half, the other half on the plate and smother with chili.

Back
Top Bottom