SHOW OFF YOUR YUM! Food Photography Thread

Ok, I started feeling guilty living off IM's pictures. So took one of my own:

roast.JPG

:lau:gig:lau

Ok, I started feeling guilty living off IM's pictures. So took one of my own:

View attachment 1636440

:lau:gig:lau
We have different ideas of roast meat me thinks :th To me, a roast is slamming a big chunk of meat in an oven (and then spuds etc) - i guess using a crockpot is more what i would term “pot-roasting” :confused: I had in mind you cooking a huge kinda Flinstone sized rib-eye joint cooked pink, with roast taters and veg :)

We have different ideas of roast meat me thinks :th To me, a roast is slamming a big chunk of meat in an oven (and then spuds etc) - i guess using a crockpot is more what i would term “pot-roasting” :confused: I had in mind you cooking a huge kinda Flinstone sized rib-eye joint cooked pink, with roast taters and veg :)
:drool Now I am very hungry!

Roasting, braising and moisture cooking do mean different things

And that’s without mentioning Yorkshire puddings and gravy :drool And a good slop of horseradish sauce with the beef :drool:drool

Your way sounds good too. My way is probably a lot easier :) Besides, with it just being me & DH, what would we do with a "Flintstone sized rib-eye joint"?

This will be more than enough for us (along with the homemade bread that's rising now).

Your way sounds good too. My way is probably a lot easier :) Besides, with it just being me & DH, what would we do with a "Flintstone sized rib-eye joint"?

This will be more than enough for us (along with the homemade bread that's rising now).
Certainly easier and no doubt very tasty and for two people doing a full roast dinner can be a bit too much, imo :) The Flinstone sized joint was a bit of poetic license but those large joints always look so good :drool

Nothing beats homemade bread - lucky DH :)

I did this with a 6 # standing rib roast for just the Princess and me. I eventually turned it into 3 meals - no horse radish.

Back
Top Bottom