Show us your Christmas-ized coop!

Sorry these are so dark, but by the time I finished cutting back the grapes and making the wreaths...oh, I made a bunch of them... it got cloudy and dark.
I added bows made from some stuff my husband put around the flats of cuttings to keep them from coming out of the trays during shipping, and some popsicle bags.
The green is cedar, and the purple berries are beauty berry - Calacarpus (sp?)
I added some feathers because they were just laying around.
I had fun.
Thank you for the challenge!
big_smile.png

32107_cimg4660.jpg

32107_cimg4684.jpg

32107_cimg4679.jpg

32107_cimg4676.jpg

why certainly!
big_smile.png
I will take a picture of my egg wreath too... but I have that hanging in the utility room, not on the chicken coop. they might not understand.

Here are two.
The small one is not finished yet. I am not sure that I like the Australorp feathers in it. I ran out of that 'packing shredded wood stuff' (excelsur?) that I poked between the eggs in the big one.
A few years back someone made one and she stuffed birch bark between the eggs and use blue and green eggs. It was very pretty.

32107_cimg4707.jpg

32107_cimg4704.jpg

Last edited:
I Stabbed the bottom of the egg with a sharp pair of scissors and cut a hole in the bottom and shook out the egg. I did a few by cutting off the tops as well. The narrow end fit better in some places.
Have fun! Don't burn yourself on the hot glue!

Quote:
Good idea..I have a basket of eggs that I could not use due to worming my girls. Looks like a project for me.

I LOVE the egg wreath, and good idea on using the wormed chicken eggs... I'm about to do that and was debating different ideas... I think I will still do a test batch in the incubator to see if fertility/growth rate is changed by worming, but blowing them out is a great idea for the rest. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom