Sick Chicken. Watery bright yellow poo, closed eyes, not moving, jerking head

took her to the vet yesterday.... they asked for $240 for an x ray because there is something in her stomach. .. and if they would have found out what then the surgery and hospital fees would have been $1000 or more... if i could have afforded it, i would hVe paid it, but dont have that money asap :(
The vet said she is suprised she is still alive, but she would probably have gone herself in the next day ..
She ws put to sleep!
:( the worst day of my life so far, i cried more than at my grandmas funeral.
I never knew that i can care so much about a chicken.
I miss her!

took her to the vet yesterday.... they asked for $240 for an x ray because there is something in her stomach. .. and if they would have found out what then the surgery and hospital fees would have been $1000 or more... if i could have afforded it, i would hVe paid it, but dont have that money asap :(
The vet said she is suprised she is still alive, but she would probably have gone herself in the next day ..
She ws put to sleep!
:( the worst day of my life so far, i cried more than at my grandmas funeral.
I never knew that i can care so much about a chicken.
I miss her!
I'm so sorry:hugs

Thanks for everyones replies! I Really apreciate you! :love
i wish i was a bit more cold hearted... its too hard:(
I'm so sorry.
When I have one that is sick and I've cared for them a while, I miss them too. It's hard not to get attached, they are just such sweet things. Each one has their own personality.

What was your girl's name? Do you have a photo or story you would like to share about your special girl?

91D6A5DD-997C-4689-AA70-C922518442CD.gif
Heres my brown baby with her best friend.
When we got her, her name was Skitzo.
I was just about to change it before she got sick... because she is such a cute calm chook.

She LOVED staring at her reflection. Used to sit hours on our veranda staring at her reflection in the glass door... i would sometimes leave the door open and she would come in and walk to a mirror and just stare at herself.
Ahaha she used to fight over corn more then any other chook we got.
She was the only one that let herself be picked up a million times .. she was so calm when u were holding her... she used to always do only what she wanted to do... others just ran after her...
i cant write any more... its awkward to cry like someone died :( :( :( ... in a shopping centre..
I Love her

View attachment 1665950 Heres my brown baby with her best friend.
When we got her, her name was Skitzo.
I was just about to change it before she got sick... because she is such a cute calm chook.

She LOVED staring at her reflection. Used to sit hours on our veranda staring at her reflection in the glass door... i would sometimes leave the door open and she would come in and walk to a mirror and just stare at herself.
Ahaha she used to fight over corn more then any other chook we got.
She was the only one that let herself be picked up a million times .. she was so calm when u were holding her... she used to always do only what she wanted to do... others just ran after her...
i cant write any more... its awkward to cry like someone died :( :( :( ... in a shopping centre..
I Love her
:hugs Awww. What a sweet and lovely girl she was!
Thank you for sharing with me. You have a wonderful story, photos and sweet memories to hold dear to your heart. They are easy to love.
I know it was hard to let her go, but she is no longer in pain and not sick any more, that was an act of love and kindness on your part.

:hugs Awww. What a sweet and lovely girl she was!
Thank you for sharing with me. You have a wonderful story, photos and sweet memories to hold dear to your heart. They are easy to love.
I know it was hard to let her go, but she is no longer in pain and not sick any more, that was an act of love and kindness on your part.

Thank you so much for being so kind and nice! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom