Sick chicken??

Karen711

Chirping
Oct 11, 2015
Sechelt, B.C.
Hello, any information will be greatly appreciated. My Speckaled Sussex Charlotte was getting pecked in the rear by some of the other chickens. I picked her up and took a peek and there was blood there!! I noticed one dropping with blood in it as well. I put her in the coop with the door closed for couple hrs and then took another look and all was good, no blood. I put her back in the run with the other girls (7 all together ) and she is fine and nobody pecking at her rear now. They are just starting to lay and I know my Silver Laced Wyandotte is laying seen her in nest. Just not sure what is going on with Charlotte ??

Hello, any information will be greatly appreciated. My Speckaled Sussex Charlotte was getting pecked in the rear by some of the other chickens. I picked her up and took a peek and there was blood there!! I noticed one dropping with blood in it as well. I put her in the coop with the door closed for couple hrs and then took another look and all was good, no blood. I put her back in the run with the other girls (7 all together ) and she is fine and nobody pecking at her rear now. They are just starting to lay and I know my Silver Laced Wyandotte is laying seen her in nest. Just not sure what is going on with Charlotte ??
Keep an eye on it...a close eye, everyday until it's gone.
Could be she bled a little from newly laying, happens.

Back
Top Bottom