Randomhumanbeing

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2020
2 days ago my rouen started acting weird, it stopped being loud and it would gag. Now, it's starting to have seizure like movements, like falling down and then act like nothing happened seconds after. I read that it is possible that a duck does that when they have something stuck in their throat or when they ate something bad. I was also recommended to use apple cider vinegar by one of my relatives, can it be useful?

I saw her drinking water a lot, but not eating. It keeps worrying me, I want to make sure she survives till I get the money to take her to a vet.

Here is a picture of her poop, it currently is a bit more whiter where the clear part is now.

I got her to eat by mixing water with baby poultry food (something that I used to fed them), I also gave her water with raw apple cider vinegar. I'm trying to film her during one of her 'seizure moments' but she has not have one in a while now. Although today I did saw her struggling with her tongue, it was outside side ways and she seemed to be having problems putting it back in, by the time I reached her second later, it was already fixed.

Attachments

• 20200420_153402.jpg
    20200420_153402.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 1
How is she doing? Did she get better?
Yes! she did! This is a very late reply, but she did get better! it was lead poisoning. she ate a tiny piece of fence wire. Took her to the vet and after a few weeks of peanut butter feedings and a second check-up for another x-ray, she was as good as new, though traumatized, pretty sure she hates peanut butter now ;'(

Yes! she did! This is a very late reply, but she did get better! it was lead poisoning. she ate a tiny piece of fence wire. Took her to the vet and after a few weeks of peanut butter feedings and a second check-up for another x-ray, she was as good as new, though traumatized, pretty sure she hates peanut butter now ;'(
Thank you so much for the update! I'm so glad she recovered. :hugs It's amazing the things our birds will eat. It's like having a yard full of toddlers :eek:

Back
Top Bottom