Sick Golden Sexlink . Please help!

Taj007

Chirping
Feb 7, 2019
Our 3 yr old golden sexlink appears sick. Drooping, not eating her favorite worm snack, and just been barely standing or sitting under a shady part of the garden. Wattle and comb color, eyes, feathers all look good. Poop is white/yellowish/watery.
Trying to give her yogurt and probiotics water but she's not keen.
The other 3 chickens appear fine.
salmonella?
Thanks in advance for your advice .

Attachments

• F7604E3F-3B40-450F-A6B0-4780F26E2B1A.jpeg
    F7604E3F-3B40-450F-A6B0-4780F26E2B1A.jpeg
    508.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 931A5FBE-D667-4064-B71A-AEB66E92245C.jpeg
    931A5FBE-D667-4064-B71A-AEB66E92245C.jpeg
    601.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 0EB8E352-979F-4206-A848-BAA13D565A28.jpeg
    0EB8E352-979F-4206-A848-BAA13D565A28.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Our 3 yr old golden sexlink appears sick. Drooping, not eating her favorite worm snack, and just been barely standing or sitting under a shady part of the garden. Wattle and comb color, eyes, feathers all look good. Poop is white/yellowish/watery.
Trying to give her yogurt and probiotics water but she's not keen.
The other 3 chickens appear fine.
salmonella?
Thanks in advance for your advice .
How long has this been going on?

Have you dewormed them recently? Watery poop and lethargy might point to a high worm load. You might want to try deworming her. If you can get some electrolytes into her to give her a boost, that also couldn't hurt.

Is she laying still? Golden sex-links are prone to reproductive issues due to their high egg production. A lot of times they develop problems with their reproductive tracts such as cancer. That's how my last one went. For that of course there is nothing you can do.

Have you dewormed them recently? Watery poop and lethargy might point to a high worm load. You might want to try deworming her. If you can get some electrolytes into her to give her a boost, that also couldn't hurt.

Is she laying still? Golden sex-links are prone to reproductive issues due to their high egg production. A lot of times they develop problems with their reproductive tracts such as cancer. That's how my last one went. For that of course there is nothing you can do.

Never dewormed. Pl advice as to how. Yes started giving electrolytes in water but she's not readily having it.

Never dewormed. Pl advice as to how can we. Yes started giving electrolytes in water but she's not readily having it.
Not sure abt eggs laying since we did pick eggs today but could be from her or others.

Never dewormed. Pl advice as to how. Yes started giving electrolytes in water but she's not readily having it.

Never dewormed. Pl advice as to how can we. Yes started giving electrolytes in water but she's not readily having it.
Not sure abt eggs laying since we did pick eggs today but could be from her or others.
I had this same problem with my chicken a few days ago, but by the time I got to her it was too late. Is she egg bound?

Back
Top Bottom