Sick hen maybe coccidosis? Impacted crop??

I have liquid and have been dosing according to the instructions given on the post on BYC I think you posted some time back. It is 9.6% oral solution. I made it up 2 days ago and refrigerated it. I would have to go back to that post but think it is 5 tsp per gallon.
Does is 2 teaspoons per gallon, but it she were mine I would give an oral dose too. The undiluted amount I would give is 0.1 ml per pound.

Does is 2 teaspoons per gallon, but it she were mine I would give an oral dose too. The undiluted amount I would give is 0.1 ml per pound.
Thanks, I'm sure I did the 2 tsp per gallon. I will do the oral dose. I do not have a scale. I think she is only about 2 to 3 lbs. She is a 10 month old Plymouth Rock.

BTW, I will be going to get the de wormer later this afternoon. I used a product called nutridrench the last two days. If I am giving Pedialyte, I should probably stop this. Right now my daughter is getting the pedialyte and searching for catheters I can use right away. We are way out in the country and at this time my transportation is limited:(

upload_2018-12-30_12-33-39.jpeg
upload_2018-12-30_12-33-39.jpeg

Here are some pictures of the wormer. You can use either the goat wormer (shake it well), a better value for the amount, or the equine wormer.

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-30_12-32-27.jpeg
    upload_2018-12-30_12-32-27.jpeg
    26 KB · Views: 1
The Nutri-Drench is a better product for chickens than Pedialyte.
IMO, an adult hen that isn't new to the property is very unlikely to have coccidiosis. She would have become resistant long before this.

The Nutri-Drench is a better product for chickens than Pedialyte.
IMO, an adult hen that isn't new to the property is very unlikely to have coccidiosis. She would have become resistant long before this.
I suggested Pedialyte because she is getting ready to give large amounts of fluids, and large amounts of fluids without electrolytes could be harmful, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom