sick roo.....need advice asap

KingsCalls

Songster
12 Years
Oct 22, 2007
New Market,Tn.
Hey guys and gals, I need some quick advice on a sick roo. He was fine yesterday and now today he is off balance and seems to be weak. His comb is darker and dull looking also. Any quick advice would help. Thanks

What does his droppings look like? Could he have gotten into anything bad? ie: stagnant water, bad feed, wild mushrooms? Any one else showing any signs?

not knowing the weather or environmental conditions (nor many other details) I still would advise you to separate to a temp stable dry and draft free place with fresh water and feed close to hand... this way you can monitor any further symptoms (and prevent any return to anything which might have caused this)... this will lessen any stress from environmental factors or the other birds picking on him.

He was fine yesterday. He had been seperated from the hens because he was causing too much harm to their backs. I kept him from them for 2 weeks and had just returned him to the pen with the pullets on Thursday. He was perky and full of himself yesterday at about 5 pm. This morning he had no energy, stood with his head down, his comb was dark and dull & he drank water but did not eat (that I saw). I gave him some sugar water hoping it would perk him up a little but, this has not worked.
No other birds are showing any signs of being ill or having a lack of energy.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom