Sick Chicken!! Please Help!!

chickenchicken123

In the Brooder
May 7, 2022
HELP!!!!

My bantam hen is sick! Yesterday she looked a bit lethargic but I didn’t think much of it. Today I found her sittting in the grass and when she tries to walk she’s very wobbly. She will hold her wing out sometimes between steps to balance herself. Very off balanced, and more lethargic than yesterday. She has diahrea/sometimes regular poops. This is gross but, I picked her up and there was diahrea by her but area. Has a pretty good appetite though. Her crop seems to be full and I don’t think she is egg bound. I was thinking maybe coccidiosis?? I don’t know, any help or advice would be great. No worms in her poop I don’t think, nor any eggs.

Also, I had a hen die 2 weeks ago from I think something similar, she was not wobbly and off balanced though.

sorry, it’s not letting me insert a picture but anyways, she is just sitting down now, she is falling asleep on and off. I would have to show a video of her trying to walk for someone to diagnose her. When she’s sitting down she looks kind of normal but just tired. today she is fully paralyzed in her legs, worse than yesterday. She has a good appetite for papaya though. I was thinking it could be a vitamin b deficiency, botulism, or coccidiosis. I’m just not sure.

HELP!!!!

My bantam hen is sick! Yesterday she looked a bit lethargic but I didn’t think much of it. Today I found her sittting in the grass and when she tries to walk she’s very wobbly. She will hold her wing out sometimes between steps to balance herself. Very off balanced, and more lethargic than yesterday. She has diahrea/sometimes regular poops. This is gross but, I picked her up and there was diahrea by her but area. Has a pretty good appetite though. Her crop seems to be full and I don’t think she is egg bound. I was thinking maybe coccidiosis?? I don’t know, any help or advice would be great. No worms in her poop I don’t think, nor any eggs.

Also, I had a hen die 2 weeks ago from I think something similar, she was not wobbly and off balanced though.
Please post photos of your hen and her poop.

For video, upload to YouTube and provide a link.

Where are you located in the world - what is your temperature like?

What do you feed your hen and how old is she?

Work on hydration first, then offer wet mushy feed. Hopefully with more information we can offer better suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom