Sick rooster

He was here 2 weeks before getting sick and today looks worse than yesterday and I can’t get him to a vet til next week. He’s eating sand right now so idk what that’s about

He was looking good yesterday took him off the antibiotic after 4 days and now he’s getting sicker again
Can you check his crop to make sure it's empty in the mornings?

Chickens eat dirt/sand and other course materials for grit to process foods. Do you provide poultry grit (crushed granite)?
I would also look inside his beak for any sores, plagues, lesions or canker.
I still see dried mucous around his nostrils, you may want to clear that away. Since he's getting worse, you can try Tylan50 to see if that helps. Dosage is 0.25ml per pound of weight given orally 3 times a day for 5 days.

His beak is a little overgrown, I would watch to see if he really is eating well. If you have chick starter or all flock feed give him that or you can provide a little egg, fish or meat to boost protein.
I'm sorry he's not doing well.

Can you check his crop to make sure it's empty in the mornings?

Chickens eat dirt/sand and other course materials for grit to process foods. Do you provide poultry grit (crushed granite)?
I would also look inside his beak for any sores, plagues, lesions or canker.
I still see dried mucous around his nostrils, you may want to clear that away. Since he's getting worse, you can try Tylan50 to see if that helps. Dosage is 0.25ml per pound of weight given orally 3 times a day for 5 days.

His beak is a little overgrown, I would watch to see if he really is eating well. If you have chick starter or all flock feed give him that or you can provide a little egg, fish or meat to boost protein.
I'm sorry he's not doing well.
No sores or anything I checked his beak last night, and he has been eating and drinking wonderfully which has shocked me but today he had watery poop, and I haven’t done crushed granite he has pavers sand that has little pebbles and it’s more course in his pin

Back
Top Bottom