Sick starter pullet?

Neg2690

Hatching
Oct 4, 2021
Hello! I am brand new to backyard chickens and picked up 4 starter pullets from a local breeder/farm last week and One appears to be ill. She is resting with her eyes closed, has some white in her poop, had white diarrhea once, isn’t interested in food, and is making a gurgling noise. She is drinking water. I have her separated from the other girls and have made a vet appointment for later this week but I am concerned with how to make her more comfortable now. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    898.5 KB · Views: 1
White in the poop is just her urates😊 Chickens don't urinate like we do, they solidify the urine into white poops. I do agree she doesn't look well at all, hopefully someone can help!

White in the poop is just her urates😊 Chickens don't urinate like we do, they solidify the urine into white poops. I do agree she doesn't look well at all, hopefully someone can help!
i have since learned that white in poop is normal :) what made me nervous was pure white diarrhea which I read can be a sign of salmonella. the breeder has recommended some molasses in warm water and feeding her scrambled egg with oregano and cinnamon. For now, she gets to live in a dog crate in my office :)

i have since learned that white in poop is normal :) what made me nervous was pure white diarrhea which I read can be a sign of salmonella. the breeder has recommended some molasses in warm water and feeding her scrambled egg with oregano and cinnamon. For now, she gets to live in a dog crate in my office :)
Yes the white diarrhea isn't a good sign😕 but any food you can get into her will be good!

I was a new chicken mom and trust me, I had to learn the most basic of things!😊
Sounds like she is getting good care.

Back
Top Bottom