*sigh* I'm loosing my touch. (Warning: Hi-jacked by Em)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickengal505, Jul 20, 2011.

1. chicklover16

chicklover16 queen of flirts

Jun 3, 2011
    Em's Dungeon
    I'm saving it for my engagement

2. Symphony

Symphony Vanilla, Little Airt Airt

Oops, it's too late, I already kissed a guy:

[​IMG]

3. chicklover16

chicklover16 queen of flirts

Jun 3, 2011
    Em's Dungeon
    LOL me too, it was a EE

4. Orpingtons4U

Orpingtons4U Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    Central Virginia
    Gulity as charged i kissed my silkie roo today but he is so handsome

5. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Carbon fiber was just coming into vogue when we bought my Trek, so it was way outside our price range - the Andorian was pricey enough!

If you like hills, you'd love the Bridge to Bridge. It went from Hickory (NC) to the top of Grandfather Mountain, with a side jaunt to Blowing Rock to make it 100 miles. DH did it 3 times; I did it twice. There's one section, Highway 181, which went up Brown Mountain. There were 3 aid stations on Brown Mountain; I think we measured it as being 13 miles from the time it starts going up to the time it stops climbing. It's steeper at some times than at others, but there aren't any "breaks." There were some sections that were so steep, even on my lowest "granny gear," it was too much, and I'd get off and push the bike - it seemed like I was going the same speed whether riding or pushing. Killer! Then going down the back side of the mountain, we went screaming along at 65 MPH and just thinking course corrections (because of course you daren't actually try to steer at that speed!), and wondering if we have any brakes left should we really need to stop! [​IMG]

I remember talking to a friend about the ride. "So, what do you get if you finish?" he asked. "Braggin' rights!" I said, and he looked at me like I was totally nuts.[​IMG]

And no offense, ladies, but allow me to have my doubts about the wedding day first kiss. That would go over really well, I'm sure![​IMG]

ETA, Aha![​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  6. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Well I've been putting up fence today...so I'm a bit tired. Capvin, I'm afraid Bunny is correct, at one point in my life, gibberish was my native tongue. [​IMG]

7. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Sadly, when I get really tired, I still speak it.[​IMG]

8. java girl 2

java girl 2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    NY
  9. Symphony

Symphony Vanilla, Little Airt Airt

That is cool! Maybe I can get my father to have us go before we move. I really would like to go to Bucks county Pennsylvania. My father says they are the steepest hills you can find, you have to just walk up the hills (on your bike) at 4 miles per hour. I hope to prove him wrong. [​IMG] The fastest I have gone is 45 miles per hour, I can't imagine 65! My father has gone 64 before though, in Bucks County I think. We have been cruising (for about a mile) at 35 miles per hour on flat, it is so fun to get up to speed and feel the 'freedom'. I agree about the bragging rights! When I did my first century, I bragged about it, and since I was 13, people were amazed. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  10. *puts hands up* I am guilty *hangs head* I kissed my dear old rooster the day before he died :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by