Sight Sexing Barred Plymouth Rock Chicks at Hatch

That's what I was going by also! The head spot sent me through a loop, though! Her legs are so dark, I thought it would be verrrrry unlikely to find out she's actually a cockerel. Thank you for that jolt of validation. I appreciate it!

That's what I was going by also! The head spot sent me through a loop, though! Her legs are so dark, I thought it would be verrrrry unlikely to find out she's actually a cockerel. Thank you for that jolt of validation. I appreciate it!
My Barred Rocks cannot be sexed by their head spots. I have no idea why they are different, or maybe I'm just not good at it.. They all look the same in variations to me. I've found the legs to be much more accurate :)

Check back with us when she has her wing feathers.

lol Thanks so much, I will let you know. I'm feeling more confident now, that I won't be waking the neighbors at 4am with a rooster! ;)

Hello I had a hen hatch three chick's two Friday and one Saturday. We are hoping we have a couple of hens. Can you help sex them for us?

Last edited:
[/IMG]
Can anyone help me sex these 2... they have really dark legs. But both have spiky combs.. I'm new to chickens. I hatched these 2 and 2 swedish, I know definately 1 of my swedish is a Roo.. :( he's nuts

Back
Top Bottom