Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

I wouldn't expect a polish bantam rooster to help. They are quite stupid when it comes to that sort of thing.
sad.png
He isn't a bantam, just a baby. He is actually getting quite big now.

Quote:
Sorry for your loss.
sad.png
Around here, in southern Ontario, the biggest "pest" I have are the Cooper's Hawk. They are brown and not huge. Bigger than the American Kestrel (or Sparrowhawk) but rather similar in appearance. They are also VERY determined and quite willing to fly into dense bushes unlike most other birds of prey. They are very good bird hunters. They are also quite bold with humans (not from an attack perspective but rather they don't fear us like many of the others.) However, they HATE cameras. Aim a lens at them and they'll be gone, however, it doesn't take them long to return. If it's a Cooper you've got hanging around, you will have to be vigilant. I've had them challenge even me for a meal.

These 2 were the last one I took... he died that night. I miss him a lot... the house is too quiet without him.
Can you show me some pictures of Hachi?

I have been wondering if you have Oleander? He wouldn't intentionally eat it but a tiny chip would be enough. One leaf will kill a horse and it's very popular in CA.
They would have looked great together
smile.png
Maybe they will meet and have beautiful splash babies in the chicken afterlife
big_smile.png
That would be a nice thought!

Precious memories....

Edna the blue partridge @ 24 weeks now. Starting to stand pretty
smile.png

Fluffy butt
love.gif

And so disappointed that I let someone hatch my eggs, and they ended up with Chippie here. Considering stealing him away in the middle of the night
hide.gif
lol
She is really a beauty! I still like that boy.
big_smile.png

I know someone else that hatched what they thought were "Paint" from Catdance eggs that turned out to be Partridge because she misread the label written on the egg. Perhaps you should confirm with Catdance how she marks her eggs? I know she often ships a "grab-bag".
No, they were marked as paint (P) not partridge (PA) as she marks them. Trust me I check closely on everything ;) Now whether she mismarked them during collection I can't tell you. Why would you doubt they came out of paint breeding? I'm just trying to determine if bred would they breed true or pass off mystery colors coming from paint breeding. I also have a blue pullet that came from paint eggs from a different breeder that I have held on to. I sold the paint from that hatch as it had a funky comb. Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom